Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 for €64????

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've seen the garda auction thing before, it's a scam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Big time scam!!!!!! Plus check the feedback. Its got three postive feedback in the last week but nothing before that and it has a 153 feedback! Plus the feedback came from people with o or 1 rating!!! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,335 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

if it looks to good to be true, then it usually is, but then it is still tempting.... could do a PayPal Chargeback if it doesn't arrive anyway I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks guys, it did look fishy. The price did not look real at all.

Not going to buy anything just curious.

Couple of weeks back I did buy an E65 on adverts and for the moment I am happy with it :)

Having said that probably it will be a good warning to our dear board members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Scam-o-rama. Sad thing is that when it goes wrong e-bay nor paypal won't be much help.

Mostly switched to adverts now too, flea-bay is pretty hopeless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

a GOOD WAY OF MAKING MONEY BY THE LOOKS OF THINGS...

http://offer.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&&item=320227659425&guest=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Always search for the fine print, as in the OP's ad:
    NOTE TO EBAY: We hold full copyright and resale rights to this product which are protected fully under international law, any breach will be pursued to the full extent of the law. Sales Note : we agree that by committing to purchase we are agreeing that we will receive information on garda sales only from this company. pictures are illustrations of all items available only. All rights protected under international law we will prosecute any reproduction of this listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

The feedback pretty much gives the game away. 150 of the 153 positive ratings were feedbacks as BUYERS for one-cent purchases over a few days and the other 3 feedbacks were to new ebay accounts. It's a quick way of building up a high rating before the scam is launched.

I wonder will the scammees get their money back or is this just an expensive lesson learnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

:eek:
    People just see the breathtaking prices and become mad immediately...I must buy it, right here, right NOW!
    It's really hard to believe these special offers are just floating around in Ireland. Blame ebay? No. Who is to blame then? The people.
    The people are still stupid enough to go for such a bargain these days.

Have a good day.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

As a recent convert to EBay I have to say it's been all good for me so far but I was only looking for good value - not insane prices ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i really hope people fall for this, they'll have no one to blame but themselves

just like that guy who bought the new xbox box. :rolleyes:

Advertisement