Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drumming with the steering wheel?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know or ponder a guess whether I'd be likely to run into problems down the line if I'm constantly drumming along to music on my steering wheel? It can be pretty heavy and hard sometimes :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Yes....................Your Pen15 will fall off

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cormie wrote: »
    whether I'd be likely to run into problems down the line if I'm constantly drumming along to music on my steering wheel?
    Yes, you will be taken away be men in white coats and placed in a sanatorium for the rest of your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This was actually a serious question haha. See if it would miss align the wheel/steering after a while with enough abuse:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Two risks from what I can see:

1. The tip of a drumstick will burst the steering wheel.

2. Using cymbals and high-hats wears out the drumstick just below the tip and there is a risk that the tip can fly off, bounce off the windscreen and hit you in the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Haha,

I might get an automatic so I can fit a bass pedal in too :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Can we just give Cormie his own van forum and get it over with ?? :rolleyes::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Drumming on the steering wheel causes physical stress to the steering box, and can result in damage to the cylinder pump head gasket, as well as the roll bar regulator.

If the steering makes a whirring noise while you turn the wheel, you may need to modify your behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pah you ain't drummed on your wheel until you've done Toad.

Sorry officer..... :o

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

mike65 wrote: »
    Pah you ain't drummed on your wheel until you've done Toad.

You can't be feckin serious! That's not a drum solo...

There is only ONE TRUE drum solo (watch thru till at least 0:30)..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Haha,brilliant!!Terry bozzio eat your heart out!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

More stupid questions from the man in the van.

Advertisement