Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accomdation?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Aaaah...crap...
    i just spent half an hour looking at it online :P everywhere is like 5000 for an ensuite single room unless u wanna live in bishopstown and psh who does!

and i know 3 of my friends have already paid for it for 5000 in victoria mills!! wat are ye planning on doing for college?

I think my parents want me to commute but i've taken the trip to CIT from my house and it's like 3 hours EVERYDAY walking/on the train/on the bus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You take it for granted I have any idea what city youre talking about. or all I know it could be Cork or Carlow from your post.

Well I live in Carlow and after all the light and heat I pay about 260 a month so there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

Woo carlow person! (me too!) only next year i'll be living in terenure! (if points go well...) Realy easy ta get to trinity... bit more of an effort for ucd...

I'm kinda lucky cos my parents bought it a few yrs ago in preperation for "the college years" so i dont have ta worry bout rent :D

If i were you, i'd just keep looking for cheaper places, would u consider living on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

I'm planning on living in NCI's accomodation. it's 5000 per year. But it's kind of a necessity for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Lucky I'm going to cork myself because like overheal said cit is carlow and cork, (though we both know everyone would think cork...)

going to ucc myself have a mate going to cit and he's staying in eden hall , the place looks very nice
    www.edenhall.ie (not many places left so wouldnt hang around)

as for me i booked my accomodation 2 months ago or so, all the places around UCC are now full so Im glad I got it done early.
    Anyone else staying in victoria lodge (I think its beside victoria mills)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I'm going to UCC, booked meself into Victoria Lodge too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Actually im not sure of the official situation but internally its known as IT Carlow, so ITC.

Parsley wrote: »
    I'm going to UCC, booked meself into Victoria Lodge too!
    Cool, did you just get a transaction number for confirmation, they told me they wont know what type of room I'm getting till august like, really hope I get ensuite.

Are the apartments mixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

I plan to go to UCC and I haven't even began to think about accomodation??? Where did ye start???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Anyone else going to Farranlea Hall in Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

If i were you, i'd just keep looking for cheaper places, would u consider living on campus?

CIT as in Cork Institute of Technology :P dont have on campus accomadation! Which kinda sucks really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

1huge1 wrote: »
    Cool, did you just get a transaction number for confirmation, they told me they wont know what type of room I'm getting till august like, really hope I get ensuite.

Are the apartments mixed?

Can't remember... I know I paid the deposit and sent off the photos of myself anyway. No idea bout the mixed thing, but I can ask peoples I know there. :pac:

Parsley wrote: »
    Can't remember... I know I paid the deposit and sent off the photos of myself anyway. No idea bout the mixed thing, but I can ask peoples I know there. :pac:
    Ya I did the photo thing aswel a while back, ya please do thanks

As for the other person going to UCC, youd want to hurry up most places are full already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    and i know 3 of my friends have already paid for it for 5000 in victoria mills!! wat are ye planning on doing for college?

If you are referring to the american, the englishman and the genius (guess who this is!) we didn't get vic mills >:(>:( booked out in less than an hour. (I presume you were on about us coz you don't have many friends!!!:p:D)
    we're in farranlea instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

How much is on campus accomodation in UCD and does anyone know when they are accepting applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

€3,952 for Belgrove and Merville for the year, €4,976 for Roebuck Hall. Plus a €350 deposit for each

Dunno about applications, suppose you'll have to wait till you know if you get in??

Advertisement