Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Glove compartment latch broken - Help

Options
  • 16-03-2008 7:13am
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

The latch to open the glove compartment in my car (01 Mondeo) is broken and it is still closed and won't open. Is there any way of getting it open without breaking the thing totally? There are some important things in it that I need. I tried fiddling around trying to catch something in the latch but to no avail, and my somewhat tentative efforts to force it open have failed as well.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hit the latch area hard with your fist. It might work. Whack the underside of the door/ frame if its exposed (dunno what the dashboard looks like).

Mike.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, tried that already. The bruiser approach was the first I took out of frustration. I'll have to be a bit more forceful I think and just get it replaceed if I totally bugger it up.

Advertisement