Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leeson Street's reputation

Options
  • 16-03-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

a comment was passed in conversation recently about LS's rep - hadn't a clue, so acted dumb - what IS LS's reputation? (I got the impression the sleaze-factor was an element in this).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A good friend of mine told me it's to do with prozzies and kerb crawlers. Wouldn't know about all that myself....I swear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Leeson used to have the reputation as Dublin's 'red light district', along with Baggot St.

But realistically it was an area stretching from the American Embassey on Clyde Rd to to Pembroke St and along the canal and the IDA building on Wilton Tce.

But its a reputation long lost now.

The song is by Bagatelle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Used to be the place to go for late night drinkies, till 5 or 6 in the morning,
    Suzy Street club and all that. That was late 80's early 90's for me.

Never was hookers actually on the street, usually around the corner at Fitzwilliam Sq. and down the canal towards Baggot street if that's what your after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

not at all -i just felt like a t1t cos I didn't know what the reputation was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

lap dancing clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

oooohh, how do a load of grown men sit in a room with other grown men 'standing up'??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

It's still a very popular spot,as well as the lap dancing clubs there are a couple of late night clubs (not as late as the old days) that do a roaring trade most weekends. Seems to be populated by a lot of d4's, it's definatly not a red light district now,although a few still crawl around fits square,if anyone's looking!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭navin.r.johnson

Brazers. It's always been for brazers.

Advertisement