Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using Youtube Mobile with the Nokia e65 - O2 Network

• 16-03-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey guys, just looking for some information. I have the E65 and am with O2 and am having problems with youtube mobile.

I have it installed on the phone but my problem is with watching videos. I am using my eircom neotopia router's wi-fi connection. Once I have connected and selected a video, I get a long pause followed generally by the same message.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its something to do with the o2 wap access point. it doesn't do streaming properly. i don't think a solution has been found

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Great! Typical. Thanks for the reply. Hope they get it sorted as youtube on my mobile would be cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I'm getting a very similar type of error using my nokia n95..

connection to streaming server timed out.. and "Unable to connect to server, Server timed-out"...

I'm on O2 aswell but since we're using our wireless broadband router to connect, does it not make any difference what mobile network we use??

Ive seen this happen to another N95 user but he was using 3G, not wireless... dunno if its a problem with the nokia's in general with YouTube?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ando wrote: »
    I'm getting a very similar type of error using my nokia n95..

connection to streaming server timed out.. and "Unable to connect to server, Server timed-out"...

I'm on O2 aswell but since we're using our wireless broadband router to connect, does it not make any difference what mobile network we use??

Ive seen this happen to another N95 user but he was using 3G, not wireless... dunno if its a problem with the nokia's in general with YouTube?

i think i might have misunderstood the OP. this problem is to do with o2. if you're using your home wifi to connect you shouldn't have the problem. its not a problem with nokias. it works fine on my e65 on 3 and through wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

I don't know where im going wrong so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Had any luck with this? I've not been on to O2 about it yet but keep meaning to give them a call to rant ... (Data Support 1850 601740).

I've tried using WAP and Internet APNs, bill and prepay ...

It's just O2.

Advertisement