Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dalai Lama

Options
  • 16-03-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Should he have left Tibet? I think he was wrong to abandon his people. Sure, he may have been locked up, but I thought the whole point of Buddhism is to not have any luxuries or possessions as it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What use would he be in prison? Then the Chinese can spread their propaganda and paint him in whatever way they like (as well as lie about how many people died).

Now he's able to give his side of the story
    http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSPEK26733920080318?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=69

It'd be pointless having him in jail really. It would do his people no favours

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think he's adorable but he should have stayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

DaveMcG wrote: »
    What use would he be in prison? Then the Chinese can spread their propaganda and paint him in whatever way they like (as well as lie about how many people died).

Now he's able to give his side of the story
    http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSPEK26733920080318?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=69

It'd be pointless having him in jail really. It would do his people no favours

Aung San Suu Kyi has been under house arrest for Donkeys but still manages to drum up worldwide support for her cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

The Chinese army entered Tibet in 1950, the commustist did not jail him, but treated him well as the leader of the Tibetan people. he went to Beijing and met Mao several times during the 1950s.
    The CIA began to finance and train the Tibetan Rebels near the China- Nepal Border since 1951.
    In 1959, the Dalai Lama led a failed uprising and left Tibet and formed a exile government.

i think he stayed, he would be charged with treason and locked in his PALACE/Temple for life , he would not get capital punishment, just because he is the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people.

Advertisement