Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photogallery created with frontpage

Options
  • 16-03-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, having a bit of trouble with a website i created. Not a huge thing, just a personal project. I've created the webpage (with a photogallery) using frontpage and it works perfectly in firefox but not in internet explorer!! Its ridiculous! Something created with Microsofts own programme doesn't work on their browser! Anybody have a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Could you elaborate a little more on
    works perfectly in firefox but not in internet explorer
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah ok sorry! Basically, the photogallery is like this:
    There's a row of small thumbnails along the top with a picture shown below. Then when you click on a thumbnail, that picture is supposed to appear below. I think there's some javascript running this.

I've been doing all my testing in firefox and this gallery is running fine. However, i looked at the page in internet explorer and it was all wrong. I cant see the thumbnails and i can only see one picture which wont change.

The link is here if you want to have a look:
    student.dcu.ie/~lyncht2/index1.htm

As i said, its not a major thing, just a personal project. It just annoys me that it wont work in both browsers, especially since it was made with frontpage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Would it possible to get a link, just so we might be able to trawl through what may be going wrong.

nevf wrote: »
    Would it possible to get a link, just so we might be able to trawl through what may be going wrong.

Hey, thanks for the reply, the link is above

bump!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

That link opens a page with some image links at the top that all point to new pages as far as I can see. Hard to figure out what it's supposed to do if thats the correct page. Looking at the source of the page the script is terrible and all over the place. Thank god I don't use frontpage.

*edit the script on that page has no code for the onclick of anything so I think you gave the wrong link.

musician wrote: »
    That link opens a page with some image links at the top that all point to new pages as far as I can see. Hard to figure out what it's supposed to do if thats the correct page. Looking at the source of the page the script is terrible and all over the place. Thank god I don't use frontpage.

*edit the script on that page has no code for the onclick of anything so I think you gave the wrong link.

Thanks for having a look! The main page of the website is still a mess unless viewed in widescreen! I guess more accurately the link is http://student.dcu.ie/~lyncht2/pic1png.htm
    The photogallery works in firefox but not in internet explorer.

I've never written a website before, just letting frontpage do it for me!

Advertisement