Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd IE7 Problem in XP

• 16-03-2008 2:26pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got a call from my uncle to say his internet was not working...

So when i went in and had a look, i found that Internet Explorer 7 was showing up the dns error type page upon start up, but I could still connect to the internet via Firefox and check emails using Outlook express.

I've tried:
    1. Pinging google.ie from cmd. I could ping perfectly
    2. Resolving google.ie to an ip and tried that. No luck
    3. Resetting IE7 settings. No luck
    4. Reinstalling IE7. No luck
    5. Disabling Norton IS. No luck
    6. Flushing the IP. No luck
    7. Checked to see if the host file was not corrupted. No luck
    8. Reseting the TCP/IP stack. No luck
    9. Installing IEtab in FF, and I could access the internet from FF using IE.
    The last point kinda stumped me tbh.

Any ideas? :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What way is he hooked up?? Or who is his provider??

Also PM me details on the half life 2 give away in your sig?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Oh yea... forgot to mention that :)

Eircom DSL.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

First off is everything working fine in Firefox??

Its only IE7 thats causing the problem?

Did you try a windows update for patches for IE7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

hi try reset the TCP/IP stack

How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299357

What you basically have to do is to type at a Command Prompt a command like the following:

netsh int ip reset logfile.txt

or if that does not work try repairing internet exploer

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

jim_bob wrote: »
    hi try reset the TCP/IP stack

How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299357

What you basically have to do is to type at a Command Prompt a command like the following:

netsh int ip reset logfile.txt

Oh yea did that too.. forgot about that tho :)

• Advertisement

IF the DNS has failed try using the IP of the site and see if that works, if it does its a setting in the Netopia Router.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    IF the DNS has failed try using the IP of the site and see if that works, if it does its a setting in the Netopia Router.
    Yea, thats point no2 above.

Advertisement