Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Dorans

• 16-03-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Don't know If I should post this here or wherever, but has anyone been in Eamon Dorans lately? There are rumours I've heard they are closing down, and this is only supported by the fact they seem to have no drink in stock what so ever it would seem. Does anyone know what the story is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I don't know anything about it but I hope not. I haven't been there in ~6 months but it's a grand spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I doubt it!! Why'd they close?? They make a fortune there :D It's really popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Glitteronsnow

Seriously Ive been in there twice in the last month, they had absolutely no cider, basically no beer on draught, I asked for 2 fosters and I got 1 pint and the barrell ran out a third way through the second one. They only had bacardi breezer pineapple and west coast cooler in alcopoppy drinks . I've been asking around and apparently they are actually losing money lately so they are closing. I like Dorans, I'd be sad if it closed , but that's all I keep hearing, and from regulars as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Its a complete hole. I did see nile there though, but apart from nile, its a hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

used to drink there a lot, check out new bands etc. etc. but the last time i was there the staff were obnoxious and the place felt a little more run-down then usual.

i'd be sad to see the place go (especially di fontanes) but if my experience is typical these days then good riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Played a load of gigs there... would be sad to see it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Glitteronsnow

I agree it is a complete hole, but I'm drinking there years and I would be sad to see it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

it closed I just heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Ah feck I go to Dorans on a Saturday, I'll ask one of the staff tonight...this better not be true, sucks if it is.

Edit - Mate of mine who goes there every weekend said it was closed last night, this sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Mate of mine rang the manager last night asking what the story was. It's closed because of license issues until Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Velcropants

My band was supposed to play there tonight. We we're told last night that it would re-open today at 1. As of now its still closed, noone from the place has contacted anyone, and we had to cancel last min and im spending the next hour ringing people/fans so they dont travel up for nothing. This is costing us a lot of time, money and hassle now. Seriously?? WTF??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I hope it re-opens anyway :( drank there a bit and seen a fair few mates play gigs there... would hate to see it go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

was in town tonight and it was shut, sucks hope it reopens soon:(:(:(:(

At least we will see how many can actually fit in to Fibbers now:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Good riddance to another boring sh!thole in Dublin. Hurrah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

chin_grin wrote: »

Yeah it was a utter hole, but it's still one less place for bands to play in the city which can't be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Yeah it was a utter hole, but it's still one less place for bands to play in the city which can't be a good thing.

Wait wait wait, I see a good thing emerging from this. See, the kids today with their bippin and a bopping won't be able to play their whiny stupid fiddly screamo bleep ever again! Oh joyous joys.

Although for every bad there is good and yeah it's a sad day for the struggling teenager who hates his dad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I don't think I've ever seen a good gig in Doran's...

It'll be reopened in a week though, never fear oh little ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Only closed for a week.

Licensing... eh... 'issues'

jenizzle wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen a good gig in Doran's...

It'll be reopened in a week though, never fear oh little ones!
    The only good gig i saw there was the Pre-vibe for Phillo last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

That place is getting worse than Fibbers, the stink in there is unholy.
    I do rather like it though, and there are usually some hott men in there:D
    Bar this one freak last Tuesday, I was just sitting down having a drink AND HE FCUKIN PUNCHED ME ON THE ARM. Absolute tard!

Haha Novella and I saw a sign in there a few weeks ago, whilst blindly drunk that advertised Blink-182. Of course we thought blink were playing, we were so excited until, "Over 14's gig-no alcohol served!".... "**** that!!!" haha.
    Blink aren't actually playing in there, just in case anyone is getting excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Anna Molly wrote: »
    That place is getting worse than Fibbers, the stink in there is unholy.
    I do rather like it though, and there are usually some hott men in there:D
    Bar this one freak last Tuesday, I was just sitting down having a drink AND HE FCUKIN PUNCHED ME ON THE ARM. Absolute tard!

Haha Novella and I saw a sign in there a few weeks ago, whilst blindly drunk that advertised Blink-182. Of course we thought blink were playing, we were so excited until, "Over 14's gig-no alcohol served!".... "**** that!!!" haha.
    Blink aren't actually playing in there, just in case anyone is getting excited.

Ahhhhhh i know fibbers is a dirty kip too BUT has what Dorans never had

Cheap drink, sound bouncers & staff, and a huge beer garden, friendly relaxed atmosphere, not like that kip Dorans

Warm over priced pints

W@nker bouncers

Let all sorts in there

Probably the worst place for bag and jacket robbers too

GOOD RIDDANCE TO YET ANOTHER DUBLIN SH!THOLE ! ! ! ! ! !

So... is it back open... closed... what? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jay1990

Apparently its closed for good, My mates band had a gig booked there and they've said its off and that dorans is just closed for good and they're putting a nightclub there. That may not be true though.

Jay1990 wrote: »
    Apparently its closed for good, My mates band had a gig booked there and they've said its off and that dorans is just closed for good and they're putting a nightclub there. That may not be true though.
    I was in town today and passed it, there was a truck loaded with wood and loads of crap in the archway... there doing something too it, not sure if it's just a nightclub or what though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

it used to be good, but the drink is a rip off the music is crap now and the bands aren't good. I used to go and like listening to rock or metal but they started catering for little punks and emo's. Seems fibbers is the only spot to get decent metal these days. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

What's happened to the Thin Lizzy Stage Logo backdrop :eek: ... that's the most important thing !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

steve_ wrote: »
    Seems fibbers is the only spot to get decent metal these days. Shame.

Woah, lets not get ahead of ourselves here !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

thank god....absolute dump full of scum.....heard of a lot of bands getting ripped off there.......most of the time they only have miller on draught.....and if you get a pint its mostly water......bring back the rock garden!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

thank god....absolute dump full of scum.....heard of a lot of bands getting ripped off there.......most of the time they only have miller and maybe one other beer on draught.....and if you get a pint its mostly water......bring back the rock garden!!!

Advertisement