Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Dorans

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

allen175 wrote: »
    On the plus side i possibly have the first pint glass taken from the place :D

I was eyeing up them little Jameson glasses they've got the candles in.
    jenizzle wrote: »
    Is the Thin Lizzy sign still there or did it find a good home?

Yeah I was wondering myself where that had gone. Probably locked up in a shed somewhere for the next 50years until someone hires a skip to dump it.
    robby^5 wrote: »
    We need pics! I'm terrified they've taken away the dank, NOT THE DANK!

this is all I got. There was two people smoking outside the window and I didn't want to be taking pics of them...

Image124_thumb.jpg

The gates were shut and the little sign pointed you towards a newish door on the other side of that window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

another main point, have they put up the prices, a la bruxelles post revamp?

Eg how much is a pint of bulmers there can anyone tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

€4.80 for a pint of Smithwicks. Remember booze is part taxed on the amount of alcohol present, Smithwicks has about 3.7% ABV.

Smithwicks is usually one of the cheap(er) pints as far as I know.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

well i was walking through templebar last night and had a look in the window.. its too bright to be dorans :( and i consoled myself in the fact that i could still get good pizza... but no, defontaines is gone...totally stripped and its no more :( gutted now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dalek

Its NOT Eamon Dorans anymore. Totally new owner's hence the horrible super-pub decore. They NEVER sold beer from the north! Thats ridiculous and illegal! Times were hard towards the end due to lack of business, hence the lack of beer. You need money to buy beer to sell, and if there is not much coming in its hard to put money back into the company. Despite how busy it got on Saturday monday to Friday were just not busy, especially Monday to Wednesday.

If anyone has ever been ripped off when playing there, it had nothing to do with Dorans. We simply rent the venue to promoters and what they do with their bands had nothing to do with us.

Yes the place was an absolute **** hole and the toilets were a disgrace, but as I said with the recession, we just werent making the money. Il miss Dorans, apart from working there for 5 years I spent a lot of time there in my late teens and early 20's. I have played a **** load of gigs there too, so it will always hold a place in my memory. Its **** it got so bad over the last few years and even ****ter its turned into what it has, I would nearly have rather seen it burned.

Anyway, just thought Id set one or two things straight.

RIP DORANS :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Dorans was like the armpit of Dublin: rank, hairy and it stank... But goddammit it was a cosy armpit!!! :(

Never spent as much time in there as I could have and now... It's gone. Turned into some gaudy monstrosity, going on the reports. I usually like a gaudy place, but Dorans had this grotty, rundown charm about it.

Pity to see it gone. Hopefully it won't last and Dorans will be back soon.

Advertisement