Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Standards!!

Options
  • 16-03-2008 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

Why does each forum seem to have different disciplinary standards? My thread was (im my opinion) unfairly locked in the Ladies Lounge because I asked a question relating to a pill given to me by a doctor. It's not like I was trying to sell it or anything and of course I realise that Boards.ie can't give medical advice. Surely it's okay to ask if anyone else has experienced the same thing as me.

To be perfectly honest, I've read many more threads that were similar to mine, if not worse. If people can come on here and discuss different GP's and openly talk about changing medication/doctors etc, then why can't I ask if anybody had the same side effects as me from taking a certain pill.

Completely unfair!!!! :(

I've emailed the moderator, got nothing back. Please can somebody explain how my thread is any worse than some of the others on Boards.ie?!

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It would probably be better to wait until the mod replied to your pm. Have you got a link to the thread you are talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I don't know how to do that sorry but its a new thread in the ladies lounge. I'm not actually making a shot at the moderator in the slightest. I realise they have a job to do. I just think that if they have a problem with a completely innocent thread they should at least PM the poster first and ask them to change it. Locking the thread is a little harsh. I genuinely wanted advice. I realise what she's saying and she's right to keep an eye on things, I didn't know we were not allowed discuss medication/doctors etc, I had just read all the other threads which had similar content and decided to ask for advice. My problem isn't so much that she locked it; I understand why she was concerned. I just don't think that it's fair considering that there are many, many more threads which do exactly what mine did! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is it this thread?

I'm not too sure about threads on the pill to be honest, whenever one comes up on PI I let the lady mods sort them out as they think that certain discussion is ok concerning the pill. Maybe Bru can give you more info on that.

Firstly, PMing the poster first and asking them to change it doesn't work. With that you have the time delay of them actually logging in and by that time the post has been answered by many people. Secondly it creates so much more work. Yes pming doesn't take long, but it all adds up.

If I were you I'd wait for a reply from the mod you pmd. You say that the mod should wait for a PM from a user before locking a thread when you can't wait for a pm before posting up on this forum?!

To post a link you go to the thread in question and copy the address bar up at the top of your browser:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55407887

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Yup that's the thread! Yeah that's a fair enough point about the time it takes to lock a thread. I only posted here because I pm'd the mod straight after she locked it. I thought she'd reply because she was still online. I'll wait and speak to her (if she does reply) I just figured she wasn't going to since she was still online when I mailed her. But anyway just for the record I wasn't looking medical advice as such, just wanted to know if anyone else had the same reaction so I could decide if it was an issue to be raised with my GP. Since there's loads of other threads that do the same as mine I don't see why they aren't locked.

Anyway I'll speak to her when she comes back online (hopefully). Thank You:)

Advertisement