Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

photos

• 16-03-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

recently i've been looking for some photos of a a B17 flying fortress named T'aint a Bird and a uboat ,u260,having found photos of both the only one i found of the B17 was quite poor and was wondering if anyone could help in tracking down anymore,both hold great interest to me, the B17 landed in whites marsh clonakilty on april 7 1943 and took off again a few days later after the army had made a runaway from wire mesh,the uboat was scuttled off glandore in 1945 after hitting a british mine the crew came ashore and were interned,my wifes uncle was the first one to dive down to the wreck after a friend of his had caught his nets on its,so if anyone can help it would be greatfully recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

unfortunatley my search is not going to well with this but came accross this earlier,it makes for interesting reading if anyone has an interest in planes that crashed,got shot down or landed here during ww2,note the entry for 1945 when a german crew defected,the link is www.csn.ul.ie/~dan/war/crashes.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I finally found a few more photos and this time theres one of the crew and i guess the guy on the right is an Irish officer???(coments please),the crew also had with them a monkey at the time of landing named tojo but he died from the cold weather and was buried behind the hotel the crew were staying in

Advertisement