Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo!

Options
  • 16-03-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

I've just downloaded

http://www.soundtoys.com/products/EchoBoy/

What a tool! Savage big old thick Slaps and Echos that just sit in the track as well of lots of OTT stuff too.

Everything sounds very musical though - Very Nice indeed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

very expensive plug-in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Is it!? I didn't check....yet! Sounds right proper though.

$299! Euro 192.....That ain't dear??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Echo!

But while mucking about with it yesterday I tried it on a snare amongst many other things - it was an hour later when we worked out while the snare sound had turned boxy..............!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Echo!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

The Soundtoys native effects bundle is e-flipping-ssential.

teamdresch wrote: »
    The Soundtoys native effects bundle is e-flipping-ssential.

I was only aware of them as 'another' plugin company.

I think I'll see can I get a dealership on them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I was only aware of them as 'another' plugin company.

I think I'll see can I get a dealership on them now!

why would plugins need a dealership?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

jtsuited wrote: »
    why would plugins need a dealership?

To increase the number of distribution channels I guess. The company I work for produces software, we sell it ourselves via our website but we are always on the lookout for resellers too.

• Advertisement

Indeed, if there was someone here promoting their stuff I'm sure I would have tried it before .

A good example of the process is Roland in Ireland , where there is very strong local representation. Hence they're much bigger here than Korg on their similar products.

I believe Darren in Studio Solutions does a lot of business with Software, because he takes the trouble to.

Does anyone else have any other 'Monster' plugins to recommend?

the sonalksis eq and compressor.

also some of the psp audio stuff - the neon and multi-delay are particularly good. they've got that lexicon copy too which is nice if you're into modulated delays and whatnot.

obviously altiverb gets a big thumbs up. although with logic's space designer I barely use it anymore.

The StudioRat mentioned the PSP stuff before ok.

Never heard the Sonalksis stuff, must investigate....

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

URS, Sonnox and Chandler all make really great plugins.
    The Massey stuff is great, and IK CSR is pretty cool.

Yes, the bloke who mentioned the Echoboy reckons the URS Pro Chan is the other 'must have' .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I think Sound Toys are some dudes who were in Eventide I think, so I do yes yes...
    The Echo boy looks great, about the same price as a delay pedal too.

For me I don't like to mix without my McDsp Eq and compressor channels. The EQ is really useful and has loads of different bell settings to mimic, API, Neve, SSL G and E. Same with the compressors, the compressor actually isn't unlike the SSL channel comps.

Another thing is the Crane Song Phoenix, it's a harmonic distortion, tape emulator thing. Really nice on guitars and vocals. It's very subtle but is really helps a vocal sit out from the track without turning it up.

Sony EQ, Focusrite D3 compressor, and Tel Ray Delay. Bomb factory stuff in general really.

Oh and the Digidesign EQ 3 is excellent.

Don't think the waves bundles are worth the money except for the compressor and the flanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Plug ins leave me cold. But PSP Vintage Warmer heats me up. I'm forever being told by mates check this, wait until you hear this, I've finally got something you'll like etc etc. First time I heard PSP Vintage Warmer I smiled. Best $150 you can spend on SW. Except for maybe for buying 3 copies of Reaper :-)
    http://www.pspaudioware.com/

Go buy it then come back and give me thanks.

Head, My signals are already warm! Do they do a Cooler? :p

Seriously, I'll try that Warmer ok. Cheers

studiorat wrote: »
    I think Sound Toys are some dudes who were in Eventide I think, so I do yes yes...
    The Echo boy looks great, about the same price as a delay pedal too.

For me I don't like to mix without my McDsp Eq and compressor channels. The EQ is really useful and has loads of different bell settings to mimic, API, Neve, SSL G and E. Same with the compressors, the compressor actually isn't unlike the SSL channel comps.

Another thing is the Crane Song Phoenix, it's a harmonic distortion, tape emulator thing. Really nice on guitars and vocals. It's very subtle but is really helps a vocal sit out from the track without turning it up.

Sony EQ, Focusrite D3 compressor, and Tel Ray Delay. Bomb factory stuff in general really.

Oh and the Digidesign EQ 3 is excellent.

Don't think the waves bundles are worth the money except for the compressor and the flanger.

Ah I thought it was PSP you mentioned but it was MacDSP. The Bomb Factory stuff don't make me go 'Gosh' unlike the EchoBoy.

Lots to try either way!

• Advertisement

psp vintage-warmer is one of the most overrated plugins in my opinion. it does odd a lot of nice harmonic distortion but you use a lot of clarity unless you use it very sparingly.
    nice for parallel compression though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

jtsuited wrote: »
    psp vintage-warmer is one of the most overrated plugins in my opinion. it does odd a lot of nice harmonic distortion but you use a lot of clarity unless you use it very sparingly.
    nice for parallel compression though.

I'm not really sure exactly how much hype it gets so I can't comment on that. I think subtle use is always a good idea with plug-ins and I'd agree that to be particularly the case with this fella. I remember working in a studio with an Aural exciter, the senior engineer told me to start at 0 then slowly bring it up until you hear it, then as soon as you do turn back a bit. You'll be glad you did when you listen to the mix a week later. I think the vintage warm can sometimes benefit from a bit of that too. But all in all I love it.

Advertisement