Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrogant Bouncer

Options
  • 16-03-2008 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Went out to watch the rugby yesterday with a few friends. After the wales match had finished we went to a few different pubs. One was the bailey on duke street. None of us had been in there before but as we were passing we said we'd go in for one, this was about 8pm and we were all still sober. We were inside and had ordered our drinks, took off our coats and the bouncer realised we all had rugby jeyseys on. He came over to us and told us to put our coats back on or we would have to leave. He said that the pub operated a no jerseys policy,while standing under a six nations display of jerseys and balls. Thats fair enough but our jackets were open when we were walking in so he should have stopped us at the door. We refused to put our coats back on as we were only having one drink and would be leaving soon. He then grabbed my brother by the arm and started to try and drag him out saying he was causing a scene.
    We asked for the bar manager who came out and told the bouncer to leave us alone. The bouncer walked out of the pub into the pissing rain and disappeared into the night. We finished our drinks, thanked the bar manager and left. Anybody on here drink in there or have a run in with this asshole?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Mr Lahey wrote: »
    The bouncer walked out of the pub into the pissing rain and disappeared into the night.

Probably me being thick, but do you mean he quit his job or he just went outside and didn't bother you again?!

The Bailey is a place where poser **** go. I can imagine the bouncer was trying to keep that image alive by getting rid of folk in "common" clothes.

PS Mr Lahey from Trailer Park Boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr Lahey

Either he quit because the bar manager would'nt back him up or he was sacked. He walked off in the direction of grafton street.

Yeah mr Lahey from TPB. He's a legend.

Mad!

Yeah Mr Lahey is cool alright. I guess he goes to show that gay TV characters don't need to be camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Without wanting to tempt fate, does anyone else thing the standards of bouncers have improved a lot in the last couple of years? Maybe it's because I look older now, or maybe it's the places I'm going to, but I haven't seen an incident like yours in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Lahey you drunk bastard

• Advertisement

I think they have too.

For a start, they need to be licenced now, so I guess that must be keeping some of the scumbags out of the industry.

Irish people have become more demanding too. In the early 90's/80's we didn't have the money and confidence we have now. I don't think we would tolerate being pushed around anymore and would bring our business elsewhere.

Also, we are in a much more litigious society now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Mr Lahey wrote: »
    Arrogant Bouncer

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Really!!!!!!! :eek:

You know the deal with Santy??:D

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Maybe it's because I look older now, or maybe it's the places I'm going to, but I haven't seen an incident like yours in a long time.
    My policy is to avoid places which need bouncers. If there is a bouncer on the door, I take my business elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dudess wrote: »
    Moved from After Hours.

HEHEHE, it ain't your week OP.

First The Bailey bar, now your thrown out of AH by a female bouncer!.

• Advertisement
Advertisement