Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Slam Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea
    I don't think Liverpool are close to United in terms of first 11, player vs. player, I think United have a better 2nd CB, a better left back, two better wingers, one better striker, but, players don't win games, teams do :) I think if Fergie gets his tactics right, we'll win. However, I won't be surprised to see Giggs and Scholes play, resulting in a different way of playing, slower, more boring. If that United team lines up, I think the game will be much much more cagey, but I'm hopeful that it won't :) We'll know tomorrow though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Jaysus i hope he doesn't start both of em, i think he has realised that he can only play one of them each game, it just stifles the play too much having both play atm and with anderson starting to tire abit i think it might be time for Mr. Fletcher to start tomorrow and get scholes n carrick in for sunday.

Main thing is to keep rooney n tevez injury free otherwise we are screwed >_>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

United
    is there any "choppers" at bolton to do a number on Mr Tevez :p

im predicting that if anyone for Utd scores against pool, it will be Tevez. might put a bet down for him to score first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Draw
    PHB wrote: »
    I don't think Liverpool are close to United in terms of first 11, player vs. player, I think United have a better 2nd CB, a better left back, two better wingers, one better striker, but, players don't win games, teams do :) I think if Fergie gets his tactics right, we'll win. However, I won't be surprised to see Giggs and Scholes play, resulting in a different way of playing, slower, more boring. If that United team lines up, I think the game will be much much more cagey, but I'm hopeful that it won't :) We'll know tomorrow though :)

Not to rehash an argument that has been done million times but assuming they both line up with a 4-3-3/4-5-1
    [FONT=Courier New]Van Der Sar       vs         Reina           Reina[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Arbeloa           vs         Brown           Arbeloa[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Carra             vs         Ferdinand       Ferdinand[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Hypia             vs         Vidic           Vidic[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Risse             vs         Evra            Evra[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Mascherano        vs         Hargreaves      Mascherano[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Alonso            vs         Carrick         Alonso[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Gerard            vs         Scholes         Gerard[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Kuyt              vs         Ronaldo         Ronaldo[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Babel             vs         Tevez           Tevez[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Torres            vs         Rooney          Torres[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]

[/FONT]

Now, re the scholes versus Gerard. A year ago, I would have said Scholes but no more. It would technically be Finnan vs Neville - Neville would take that. It could be Babel versus Giggs, would pick Babel. It could be Babel versus Nani, would pick Nani. It could be Gerard vs Anderson - would pick Gerard.

God knows who will run out this weekend but the first 11 is pretty close in my opinion.

Chelsea
    I think the thing is, while I think there is much debate over who is better, Rooney or Torres, or who is better, Mascherano over Alonso, the ones you have Liverpool winning on, they are the tight ones. The ones where United win, they are the clear ones, the ones with no doubt :) That's why United's are a better first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Draw
    I totally agree that they have a better team.. I just got the impression that you thought there was a massive gap and I was pointing out that there wasn't.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jazzy wrote: »
    i would f**kin love for torres to get his first away hat trick at old trafford :D

not gonna happen tho :mad:

im gonna play it safe and say 1-1
    and i had to pick a winner ill put my red goggles on and say liverpool :p

I don't know about that, but it would be great to see him get his second away hattrick though ;)

In fairness though I hate these games as Utd are in general a better team, and also Liverpool have not performed well in a league game against Utd in a long time. Hopefully the fact that they are on a good run at home and in Europe will inspire an extra edge of confidence and hopefully Rafa will stick with the same team and formation that has been working well in recent games.

Whatever happens (and I hope it is a liverpool win obviously), if we give them a good game and play some decent football we will give ourselves a chance.

It'll probably be a terrible boring game though (both of them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Draw
    It will probably be decided by a mistake and be a horrible game of football

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Arsenal
    zAbbo wrote: »
    It will probably be decided by a mistake and be a horrible game of football

Like I said, a 95th minute scuffed shot from Neville going through Reina's legs... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Draw
    its interesting how u rate 6 liverpool players better than their corresponding united players. only 2 liverpool players would get into the united team currently, we know who they are. you are compairing also players to suit liverpool. scholes, carrick and hargreaves will all not start the next day, it will probably be ronaldo and nani on the wings. if you do it correctly and play united in the same boat, it would be for example.
    kuyt v ronaldo - ronaldo
    babbel v nani - nani

gerrard v rooney - even
    torres v tevez - torres

the mascherano and alonso v carrick/scholes and hargreaves is a matter of personal opinion. you cannot say and be correct that either party is better. personally i would not swap uniteds midfield at the moment as its the strongest we have had in 9 years.

if anybody on here is not clear on just how good rooney is, then you should

1 - look at united stats with him in and not in, the team (1 defeat in a year with rooney in the team, fa cup v pompy 2 weeks ago).

2 - go see him play live. the workrate off the ball of him is amazing. he is alot more than a goalscorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Finnan would easily beat Neville on head to head. Finnan is a much better player. One of the most underrated in the premiership.

United win the clear ones is it?
    Ferdinand v. Carra is clear, considering that Rio makes so many mistakes.
    Agger should be in, and in which case you would actually be pitting Agger v. Rio, Carra v. Vidic (footballing defender v. footballing defender), and Agger thrashes Rio. Skrtel could be in for Hyypia and is alot closer to Vidic than Sami (Sami's a legend but just too old)

Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard win comfortably too.

Reina hammers VDS.
    Torres does clearly beat Rooney, as does Ronaldo clearly beat Kuyt.

----
    BTW, I am saying that Agger should be in if not inured, like said about Finnan v. Neville.

Arsenal
    Finnan would easily beat Neville on head to head. Finnan is a much better player. One of the most underrated in the premiership.

Agger should be in, and in which case you would actually be pitting Agger v. Rio, Carra v. Vidic (footballing defender v. footballing defender), and Agger thrashes Rio. Skrtel could be in for Hyypia and is alot closer to Vidic than Sami (Sami's a legend but just too old)

Reina hammers VDS.
    Jesus, I'm really scared now... We are clearly going to be outclassed by a better team. :p

Draw

Reina hammers VDS.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: are you serious? really like, are you?

on that basis so, why are united 8 points clear of liverpool with a game in hand? if liverpool are so much better, then why are you not 8 points clear instead? as for finnan, if both players are fully fit, neville is streets ahead. neville is the best RB in the premiership for the past 15 year. his honours speak for themselves.

by the way, has the standard dropped in getting in here? there has been some crazy posts this week from "newbies".

Chelsea

Reina hammers VDS.

----
    BTW, I am saying that Agger should be in if not inured, like said about Finnan v. Neville.

Wow, what's amazing then is that United are so far in front of Liverpool. Infact, I'm right in saying that the only players United have that are better under that first 11 are Ronaldo compared to your winger, and Evra? Fergie must be some manager getting those players to play like that.
    Or It's as if your classification of players is completely and utterly wrong :) Or else Rafa is just a terrible manager who can't get the best out of a team of amazing players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Draw
    We can have all the willy waving in the world, but the proof will be on Sunday.

I'd say Utd are more concerned with the Bolton game tonight.

I think United can afford to draw or even lose to Liverpool (obviously they'll want a win), I think Chelsea will take Arsenal as well.

But who knows :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

I didn't say every player was better, Its still close player to player.
    Liverpool have a much better midfield. simple as that. But Liverpool have had alot of disrupting problems this season.
    Aggers injury one of the biggest. Alonso and Torres have both been out for a nice portion of the season. While Liverpools main problems with depth lie at centre back and strikers. (Skrtel now bought to fill that CB void).

Apart from injuries like that, you have your Owner problems, Liverpool were flying in the league early and doing well until October/November.

You might say, oh but injuries are injuries, well Agger is massive to Liverpool and he would have been the difference in many draws which should have been victories. Take Rooney out of Uniteds team through injury, all bar 1 of Uniteds losses have been without Rooney.

No I didn't say only Ronaldo and Evra, Vidic and an extremely close battle between Rio and Carra aswell, also Tevez on form beats Babel.
    But United have more depth in certain areas, whereas Liverpool have lost vital players at bad times (Agger all season, Torres)

Draw
    I'd almost tolerate a loss on sunday if we beat them in the Cl final :)
    GGMU

no buddy,no. u not understand? this is united v liverpool, nobody cares about the last game or the next game. this is 90 minutes of hatred and passion. this game is all about winning. if we lose this on sunday, i will be gutted and most united fans will be. liverpool fans will be the same im sure. there is no such things as "this game does not matter". it f**kin does, end of story, infact, i would nearly say that next sunday, is the biggest day of the season so far. who ever wins the league title,will look back on next sunday as they day they won it. both teams may not get past the next round of the CL. lets forget about that. Once the whistle goes against bolton tonight, its 100% focus on sunday, defeat is not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Agger thrashes Rio

:rolleyes:

oh for gods sake

Draw
    I didn't say every player was better, Its still close player to player.
    Liverpool have a much better midfield. simple as that. But Liverpool have had alot of disrupting problems this season.
    Aggers injury one of the biggest. Alonso and Torres have both been out for a nice portion of the season. While Liverpools main problems with depth lie at centre back and strikers. (Skrtel now bought to fill that CB void).

Apart from injuries like that, you have your Owner problems, Liverpool were flying in the league early and doing well until October/November.

You might say, oh but injuries are injuries, well Agger is massive to Liverpool and he would have been the difference in many draws which should have been victories. Take Rooney out of Uniteds team through injury, all bar 1 of Uniteds losses have been without Rooney.

alot of excuses there, its the same every year. united have had injuries too.bue we brought in the right players this year to cover it.

can der sar - has missed over 10 games.
    neville out all year (no cover at RB now and CB as a result of browne playing)
    silvestre out all year (not been able to rest evra)
    hargreaves - constant niggly injuries
    Scholes - 4 months, and he is not the same player since
    saha - saha
    rooney - has been injured 3 times for a month each time

owner problems are your own fault. and i dont get your point about rooney? i already said this above. and torres aint exactly missed many games either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

gerrard v rooney - even

the mascherano and alonso v carrick/scholes and hargreaves is a matter of personal opinion. you cannot say and be correct that either party is better. personally i would not swap uniteds midfield at the moment as its the strongest we have had in 9 years.

Not really good enough to put Gerrard vs Rooney and then say even.. Personally i would take Gerrard. Out of all the head to heads they are probably the least similar going against each other. I would have been inclined to pit Gerrard against Scholes, with a clear winner in it and Rooney against Babel (again a clear winner..) even though they technically don't play the same role.

Of course the mascherano-alonso vs hargreaves-carrick/scholes is a matter of opinion. I think if the team lined up like for like with 2 holding m/f's, one a more destructive tackler and the other a more constructive passer then most people, pool fans and neutrals anyway would plump for Masch-Alonso ahead of Harg'-Carrick. I don't consider Scholes to be a defensive MF so i wouldn't include him in this area.

I also agree it is the strongest MF for years for MU but i don't think it has a patch on previous teams. I think it is still the weakest area of the MU team.

I disagree with anyone who would have Arbeloa ahead of Brown. Brown's had a good season and would get the nod, so pretty much a MU back 4. Although you would have to question how many teams would leave Carra out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Draw
    )and Agger thrashes Rio.

just after choking

somone call for an ambulance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

All this comparing of teams is silly. The fact is, Utd have been better than Liverpool this season and for the any season in recent memory. I think the utd side at the moment is really strong (although its missing a good right back, left winger and striker) and is a bit better than the Liverpool first XI. However, the gap between the two is probably at the closest it has been in years.

There isnt a massive difference in quality between the two sides. Utd benefit hugely from having a manager in place that knows the premiership inside and out. Someone that has the team playing his style of football continuously for a couple decades.

Saying that only two Liverpool players would get into the Utd side is just as silly as saying 7 Liverpool players would get into the Utd side. Realistically, it would be somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Draw
    I actually think directly comparing players is meaningless for these matches. I'm a pool fan but I acknowledge that united have the edge overall. However, in recent times the games have been crap and many players have badly underperformed. E.g. no point in talking about Ronaldo and Torres as both were crap at Anfield.

Likely to be a crap but tense game and a draw quite likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Chelsea
    Ahhh ya gotta love a good old fashioned Man U Liverpool thread. There's a certain traditional progression to it that boards wouldn't be the same without

Arsenal
    ibh wrote: »
    Of course the mascherano-alonso vs hargreaves-carrick/scholes is a matter of opinion. I think if the team lined up like for like with 2 holding m/f's, one a more destructive tackler and the other a more constructive passer then most people, pool fans and neutrals anyway would plump for Masch-Alonso ahead of Harg'-Carrick. I don't consider Scholes to be a defensive MF so i wouldn't include him in this area.

I also agree it is the strongest MF for years for MU but i don't think it has a patch on previous teams. I think it is still the weakest area of the MU team.
    Aren't you forgetting one of United's best players this season in Anderson?! I'd personally take him above any of the Liverpool midfielders. His performance at Anfailed being just one example of why he's better than Gerrard or Mascherano.

Mascherano is no better nor worse than any other holding midfield player, be it Hargreaves or Makalele, he's a work horse, no more no less. I would put him down as equal to Hargreaves in this case. As for Alonso, well I think I can raise you with a Scholes on that one... :) Carrick gets an honorable mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Draw
    2 - go see him play live. the workrate off the ball of him is amazing. he is alot more than a goalscorer.

Hehe, could say the same thing about Kuyt! Instead of playing up front and missing a hatfull of chances he's now being playing out on the wing and has created plenty of assists recently. I think his work rate is better suited to his current position rather then up front where he never seemed to be in the right place due to all the tracking back that he does. Currently playing in the same position for Holland I believe. On recent form he is a danger that shouldn't be dismissed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

PORNAPSTER wrote: »
    Aren't you forgetting one of United's best players this season in Anderson?! I'd personally take him above any of the Liverpool midfielders. His performance at Anfailed being just one example of why he's better than Gerrard or Mascherano.

:rolleyes:

Better then Gerrard based on one performance... your having a laugh right? I know we are all biased in here but you can't honestly believe that.

So much wrong with this post.
    Aren't you forgetting one of United's best players this season in Anderson?! I'd personally take him above any of the Liverpool midfielders.

Better than all of the Liverpool midfielders ? wow. Man U tinted glasses there mate. Theres no doubt that he is a very good player and will most likely develop into a great player for Utd but that is such a silly statement. Anderson has 0 goals and a couple of assists from 30 odd apperances. Theres no doubt he was a great buy but your statement is really rather silly.
    His performance at Anfailed being just one example of why he's better than Gerrard or Mascherano.

Calling Anfield Anfailed just proves that you are not up to a reasonable, logical debate. You are always going to see things in a pro utd way.
    Mascherano is no better nor worse than any other holding midfield player,

Err...so all holding midfielders are completely equal in quality ? That is a ridiculous thing to say. I am of the opinion that he is far better than Hargreaves anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Chelsea
    Tusky wrote: »
    Calling Anfield Anfailed just proves that you are not up to a reasonable, logical debate.
    Are you really expecting a reasoned, logical debate with someone called 'PORNAPSTER'? Really?

Score draw at Old Trafford with an away win at Stamford Bridge would do me.

PiE wrote: »
    Are you really expecting a reasoned, logical debate with someone called 'PORNAPSTER'? Really?

Score draw at Old Trafford with an away win at Stamford Bridge would do me.

bahaha. I actually didnt even notice his user name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Chelsea
    Err...so all holding midfielders are completely equal in quality ? That is a ridiculous thing to say. I am of the opinion that he is far better than Hargreaves anyway.

He is almost the complete defensive midfielder at 23.
    Defensive hub of the Argentian team.
    Makelele on his day is still a better player but Mascherano is about as good
    as there is in the world today in his position.
    To say Anderson who has not even played 20 games for United is better than
    him is a bit of a stretch to say the least.
    He is hugely talented but ronaldo after 20 games wasnt the best winger in the
    world, he had huge potential but took 2 years to realise it.
    Anderson will be the same.
    Wenger said that its not Fabregas undoubted talent that makes him world
    class, its the fact that he can play at 95% in every game whereas others
    with similiar talent can only do it every 2-3 games.
    Anderson is undoubtedly hugely talented but he has gone missing in games.
    Mascherano is normally Liverpools best player every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mascherano is no better nor worse than any other holding midfield player, be it Hargreaves or Makalele, he's a work horse, no more no less. I would put him down as equal to Hargreaves in this case. As for Alonso, well I think I can raise you with a Scholes on that one... :) Carrick gets an honorable mention.

So much to be ridiculed about this post. At the moment, if we had Anderson, Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano as our midfielders, then Anderson, much like Lucas, would be fourth choice. I think he'll be a terrific player though.

Mascerhano has been absolutely immense all season - his workrate, tackling and even his passing have been very good, as well as his eye for goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

gerrard v rooney - even

Do you think so? I dont think they're close at all. Rooney is a far superior player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Do you think so? I dont think they're close at all. Rooney is a far superior player

No, no, no. if anyone is superior it's Gerrard. There's probably nobody else in the world who can be relied upon to single-handedly pull a team from a deperate situation to a winning one (*******kos, FA Cup final). Gerrard has scored more, created more and played better than rooney all season. Rooney is a wonderful talent, and a great player, but it's ridiculous to say he is far superior to Gerrard, who has proved his class on the biggest stages far more than Rooney has, often, unfortunately, having to carry along a lot of average players with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Some comical posts on here I must say.... I dont know why people are comparing Rooney to Gerrard when they dont play the same positions. If anything, Rooney has been played out of position most of this year due to lack of a target man(Saha injuries) and not in his proper position as a support striker.

In any case, it is pointless to compare player with player. If football was an individual one on one game then we should do that. But football is a TEAM game. The sum of the individuals does not equal the sum of team.

Stop this nonsense now!

As a whole, Man Utd is a very flexible/fluid team as they are able to move players and change formations easily. Liverpool is certainly on a great run right now and their recent switching of Gerrard(playing closer to Torres) and the form of Torres are the big factors. The problem with Liverpool is if one or both of them have a bad game or are contained, then Liverpool doesnt have much else to offer. As I said before the last game at Anfield, it will come down to whether Man Utd can contain Torres. If they can they will come out on top, but that is a very big question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Are you having a laugh?? Is he having a laugh???

WTF planet have you been on..? I fail to see how Mascherano is no better than Makelale and Hargreaves. He is not a work horse, he is a defensive MF. There is a big difference. I would class Kuyt as a workhorse. He makes up for a lack of talent with a high workrate.
    Don't think you read my post cause i said that i wouldn't class Scholes as the same type of MF as Alonso. Carrick probably just about ddeserves an honourable mention, but no more than that.

Chelsea
    FatherTed wrote: »
    The problem with Liverpool is if one or both of them have a bad game or are contained, then Liverpool doesnt have much else to offer. As I said before the last game at Anfield, it will come down to whether Man Utd can contain Torres.

Ok Eamonn Dunphy ;)
    The problem with United is that if Rooney and Ronaldo have a poor game
    then United dont have much to offer.
    Stupid argument.
    Every team relies on its best players and goalscorers.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Ok Eamonn Dunphy ;)
    Stupid argument.

Man Utd can also count on Tevez and Saha who are proven match winners.

League
    Liverpool: Goals overall-53. Torres & Gerrard-29 55% of goals scored
    ManU: Goals overall-58, Ronaldo & Tevez- 32 55% of goals scored

Ronaldo & Torres have scored again since those stats were calulated.

p.s Saha a proven match winner?!?! Whaaaaaat ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

IrishMike wrote: »
    Ok Eamonn Dunphy ;)
    Stupid argument.

Here here! stats below show just how important Ronaldo and Torres are to each team. sunday is a another test to see if Ronaldo shows up for the big game. Torres too I think its fair to say we haven't seen him have the oppertunity in a big game.......yet

Queue the abuse.........

Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) - Goals 22 Games 25 Points won 13

Fernando Torres (Liverpool) - Gls 20 Gms 27 Pts 11

Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal) - Gls 19 Gms 28 Pts 10

Benni McCarthy (Blackburn Rovers) - Gls 8 Gms 26 Pts 10

Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn Rovers, right) - Gls 12 Gms 29 Pts 9

Benjani (Portsmouth/Manchester City) - Gls 13 Gms 28Pts 9

Robin van Persie (Arsenal) - Gls 5 Gms 10 Pts 8

Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham Hotspur) - Gls 12 Gms 28 Pts 8

David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers) - Gls 6 Gms 29 Pts 8

Dean Ashton (West Ham United) - Gls 6 Gms 24 Pts 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

I cant believe liverpool havent scored in the league against Utd since Sept 20th 2004!!Steve Finnan scored that day in a 2-1 defeat for the pool!!Were surely due a few on sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    I cant believe liverpool havent scored in the league against Utd since Sept 20th 2004!!Steve Finnan scored that day in a 2-1 defeat for the pool!!Were surely due a few on sunday!!

Let us pray..

Chelsea

May i ask how are they going to play 4 strikers together?

And Saha is not a proven match winner, not for at least 2 seasons anyway!

League
    Liverpool: Goals overall-53. Torres & Gerrard-29 55% of goals scored
    ManU: Goals overall-58, Ronaldo & Tevez- 32 55% of goals scored

Ronaldo & Torres have scored again since those stats were calulated.

p.s Saha a proven match winner?!?! Whaaaaaat ?

Thanks proving my point. I was talking about Ronaldo and Rooney and you give me stats for Tevez.

Chelsea
    Thanks proving my point. I was talking about Ronaldo and Rooney and you give me stats for Tevez.

Because i have nothing better to do and the fact that you keep being so damn smug and annoying :

Top 3 scorers for both teams

Torres, Gerrard, Benayoun 56 goals from 99 goals = 56.5% of team goals
    Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney 59 goals from 84 goals = 70% of team goals

Feel your stupidity :eek:

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    Im gonna go one further and compare like for like

United :
    Ronaldo 31
    Tevez 15
    Rooney 13
    Saha 5
    Ferdinand 3
    Giggs 3
    Nani 3
    Fletcher 2
    Pique 2
    Carrick 1
    Hargreaves 1
    Park 1
    Scholes 1
    Vidic 1
    (own goals) 2
    Total 84 goals

Liverpool:
    Torres 27
    Gerrard 19
    Benayoun 10
    Kuyt 9
    Babel 8
    Crouch 8
    Voronin 4
    Hyypia 3
    Xabi Alonso 2
    Aurelio 1
    El Zhar 1
    Lucas 1
    Mascherano 1
    Pennant 1
    Sissoko 1
    (own goals) 3
    Total 99 goals

Liverpools goal distribution looks a lot healthier dont you think ?
    Oh and Voronin is just 1 goal behind "match winner" Saha's goal count.
    Should learn to look into things before making sweeping unfounded statements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Draw
    ugh, can any thread with united and liverpool in it ever fail to become pathetic, im better then you, hes better then you everyone is better then him, hes a donkey, how can he be a prem footballer etc. etc. its boring, i know i have fallen victim to getting involved in these stupid "debates" before but **** sake.

the united liverpool game is sunday, more important to me is the bolton game ehich is tonight. it amuses me that there has been a thread about the pool game for so long and no thread about a match taking place tonight. liverpool are not important right now, bolton are. making sure we get 3 points tonight is vital. the we think about the next team, whether its liverpool sunderland or spurs, they are all the same to me. just teams we want to beat. they all have good/decent players, they all have ****e players, thats been repeated over and over in arguements here.

liverpool are on a good run of form, they are scoring goals and will be a threat on sunday,united are not taking as many chances as we should and if we dont get out of that soon we wont win a thing this season. i think we will get out of that rut, tonight.

but lets get tonights game out of the way before the macho bull**** kicks off for sundays game please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

When was the last time Saha won a match for us??

Tevez on the other hand has pulled us out of the crap a few times this season.

Utd have had many players impressing this season, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez , Nani, Anderson, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra. When looking at Liverpools season the only impressive players have been torres and gerard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Draw
    deisedevil wrote: »
    When was the last time Saha won a match for us??

Tevez on the other hand has pulled us out of the crap a few times this season.

Utd have had many players impressing this season, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez , Nani, Anderson, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra. When looking at Liverpools season the only impressive players have been torres and gerard.

maybe you could save another few pages of crap and just edit that to include Mascherano??? he will be pointed out to you and reasons for why hes impressive and all the other stuff and then why Anderson hasnt been impressive (false) and some other bull****. then they will say Babel has been impressive and such and Nani hasnt been impressive, maybe pool and united fans should have their own insult each oters players while bigging up their own thread????? mods???

Chelsea
    kryogen wrote: »
    maybe you could save another few pages of crap and just edit that to include Mascherano??? he will be pointed out to you and reasons for why hes impressive and all the other stuff and then why Anderson hasnt been impressive (false) and some other bull****. then they will say Babel has been impressive and such and Nani hasnt been impressive, maybe pool and united fans should have their own insult each oters players while bigging up their own thread????? mods???

You forgot that Reina > VDS and that Benitez > Fergie in Europe
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Stats and the fact that player A is better than player B is completely
    pointless, its how the team plays together and how clinical they are that matters.
    Teams should always be greater than the sum of their parts.

PS Barnsley > Inter Milan, pm me for more details ;);)

• Advertisement
Advertisement