Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Slam Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Draw
    1-0 Wes Brown.

Good ball from Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Draw
    yess brown 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I think Reina's trying to prove why he isnt one of the best keepers in the league

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

United
    similar enough time to when tevez got the goal at anfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Reina has looked nervy, couple of dodgy clearances, almost put it in for an OG and then that attempt to get the ball :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stick or twist?

Mike.

Draw
    I think Reina's trying to prove why he isnt one of the best keepers in the league

Hope he keeps it up , and proves it without a shadow of doubt :D:D

Draw
    Woeful throw out by Reina, should've made more of the situation

For gawds sake. :mad:

Mike.

Draw
    Second yellow card for Mascherano for dissent, deservedly so IMO.

• Advertisement

United
    a for **** sake stupid ref ruining the game, nando booked for giving out about persistent fouling masch should shut up though.

No suprise, i was gonna post a few minutes ago that he would get sent off by the end of the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

United
    What is Mascherano after doing?? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Mascherano off, game over :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Draw
    Absolute stupidity from Mash, he's probably just lost liverpool the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can't blame the ref, Mascherano was a f*cking idiot there

United
    its not like he's screaming in the refs face he's actually trying to talk, stupid refereeing, it should happen but the rules have to apply the same in every match, john terry should be sent off every match if thats the rule.

Bennet started this chain of events to a degree with a stupid yellow for the first foul of the game. That does'nt excuse Masch though.

Mike.

Draw
    Can't blame the ref, Mascherano was a f*cking idiot there

100% agreement
    but you could see it coming , he was ranting and raving since the first yellow.

• Advertisement

United
    torres was clearly just talking aswell hardly ****ing dissent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Draw
    No excuse for that but if it was Gerrard/Rooney/Terry/Lamps I doubt they would have been off. Ref is certainly doing his part for united today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

deise59 wrote: »
    Absolute stupidity from Mash, he's probably just lost liverpool the match
    Nah, Liverpool were being outclassed all over the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

mayordenis wrote: »
    its not like he's screaming in the refs face he's actually trying to talk, stupid refereeing, it should happen but the rules have to apply the same in every match, john terry should be sent off every match if thats the rule.

Yeah but after what Cashley did mid week you'd have thought refs now had the power to get tough on this kind of thing. Incredibly stupid from Masch, but then again if it was Ronaldo doing at old trafford I'd tend to think he wouldn't have gone. But Torres had just been booked for it, what did he expect?

United
    if we lose this match it won't be because of the sending off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Masch off. Damn chelsea players, they're a disgrace... oh wait.

• Advertisement

Mascherano was at it everytime a decision went against Liverpool. He's the last referee you should be doing that against and wont be suprised if he sends off more today. Torres will have to calm down aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It was so needless though. It was a Liverpool free kick, what was Torres complaining about in the first place? Madness from Mascherano, you could see Alonso trying to restrain him.

Madness aside though, United have really grown into the game and imo deserve to be up going into half time. Reina is having a bit of a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Draw
    That was stupid from mascherano. but fair play to the referee. if more players were shown yellow cards for shouting and abusing referees, players would stop doing it. it's mascherano's own fault, he has no one to blame but himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I dont know why we call this a big game anymore it just gets easier and eaiser the pool from 1 to a 11 are just laughable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Chelsea
    Mascherano was at it everytime a decision went against Liverpool. He's the last referee you should be doing that against and wont be suprised if he sends off more today. Torres will have to calm down aswell.

Masch and Torres are the only two pool players at the races in the first half, add the fact that the ref was giving nothing to the two of them must have really been winding them up. Stupid from Macsh, couldn't expect anything else but as said the two were hardly shouting at the ref.

• Advertisement

Call_me_al wrote: »
    Masch and Torres are the only two pool players at the races in the first half, add the fact that the ref was giving nothing to the two of them must have really been winding them up. Stupid from Macsh, couldn't expect anything else but as said the two were hardly shouting at the ref.

What did Torres do in the first 45 ? nothing?

what did mach do? miss timed a heap of tackles and got sent off..

smashing.

Wouldnt be that cocky, Torres and Gerrard could easily score. Didnt take Giggs long to show why he isnt needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Arsenal

ah now, they cant be sending off England internationals. it would send out a bad image.

is it just me or did the ball go in off Brown's arm for the goal? or is it just the ****ty stream i'm getting messing up...

United
    now did you all see that ****ing replay, terrible reffing. big game, big passion, refs have to understand.

Draw
    Yes but you would expect some consistency surely. when it is applied against one team and not another one has to question the referees.

anyway, United have a deserved lead. Reina was awful on a couple of occasions and it cost us. Have it all to do in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Draw
    Did Reina not bring his golden gloves today then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Draw
    Reina is so dodgey! We need to work him more.

Mascherano might have crippled Liverpool, most refs wouldnt have sent him off but surley EVERYONE knows that Steve Bennett is just a dickhead, i knew after 11mins that Masch was getting sent off.

Aurelio has really impressed me today.

United
    ah now, they cant be sending off England internationals. it would send out a bad image.

is it just me or did the ball go in off Brown's arm for the goal? or is it just the ****ty stream i'm getting messing up...

think it went in off his back in fairness, think he might of been using skrtle for leverage :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Draw
    I can't believe I'm siding with Jamie freakin' Redknapp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

now did you all see that ****ing replay, terrible reffing. big game, big passion, refs have to understand.

If Chelsea didnt group up on the ref the other night and the media report it, masch be still on the pitch.

jamie and andy having a bit of a debate on Sky :D funny ****

kdjac

• Advertisement

big passion? Are you Andy gray?

The ref gave a free kick FOR the pool masch is moaning about something that has nothing to do with him at all.

use the passion to work your feet not your mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Arsenal
    Andy Gray is right, the ref is a joke. The yellow for Torres was a disgrace. Mash was silly for giving descent, but hardly worth sending him off for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

KdjaCL wrote: »
    jamie and andy having a bit of a debate on Sky :D funny ****

I thought it was gonna come to blows :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think the fact that Mascherano was in Bennets face after every decision led to the sending off.

He was stupid and deserved to go.

Andy Gray is right, the ref is a joke. The yellow for Torres was a disgrace. Mash was silly for giving descent, but hardly worth sending him off for it.

He didn't send him off for it.

he gave him a yellow card for it.

unfortunatley masch cant time a boiled egg which means he had two = sending off see the difference?

adox wrote: »
    I think the fact that Mascherano was in Bennets face after every decision led to the sending off.

That's exactly what it was continued moaning and groaning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Draw
    Poor decision from Bennett there.United deservedly in front but might need to grab a 2nd to make sure.

Draw
    adox wrote: »

Yes, because stupidity is a sending off offence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Draw
    Fair play to the ref, that's what we need - no nonsense.

Macherano ran about 40 yards to complain to the ref about something that had nothing to do with him.

Stupidity. That's all that can be said, doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy from anyone and liverpool know it.

Players and Benetiz were fuming not with the ref, but with Mascherano.

I think Benetiz was signalling to the ref that the game was over, we'll pack up and go home now :D

• Advertisement

Yes, because stupidity is a sending off offence :rolleyes:
    N

No but constantly questioning the ref getting up in his face after every single desicion that doesn't go your way surley is?

Advertisement