Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Slam Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

mayordenis wrote: »
    now did you all see that ****ing replay, terrible reffing. big game, big passion, refs have to understand.

Thats nothing to do with passion, its just indiscipline.

Rugby players show plenty of passion but know where to stop with the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Chelsea
    One rule for United, one for Liverpool. Ferdinand went up to that clown of a ref minutes before doing the exact same thing that Torres and Mascherano doing, and nothing. You can clearly see that all Mascherano did what ask 'what's happening?'. That's not dissent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Chelsea
    inconsistency

Mascherano asked the ref "Whats Happening" and got a second yellow card, now I think he was wrong to keep going after the ref but.......

Oh my f*cking god, how many times has Wayne Rooney abused ref's time and time again in a match calling them f*ucking w*ankers, B*stards etc and got away with it?

Honestly any Man Utd Fan honestly answer this, Has wayne done a lot of mores than Mascherano did and got away with it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

United
    After seeing the replay again I dont think he should have been sent off at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Arsenal
    ntlbell wrote: »
    use the passion to work your feet not your mouth

in fairness though, it looked to me that Javier was being quite reasonable. i hate seeing dissent from players, but as dissent goes that was minimal. harsh from Bennett. he really is a horrible ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Chelsea
    adox wrote: »
    Thats nothing to do with passion, its just indiscipline.

Rugby players show plenty of passion but know where to stop with the ref.

ok when there is only one player on the pitch doing it, fair enough send him off but when it is done week in week out by loads of players and only one gets sent off thats bo11ox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Villain wrote: »
    Honestly any Man Utd Fan honestly answer this, Has wayne done a lot of mores than Mascherano did and got away with it???

Probably whats your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yes, because stupidity is a sending off offence :rolleyes:

You know what I meant for Gods sake. He was stupid to put himself in that position to be sent off.

It was a lack of discipline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

torres should've been booked. It was only a little niggly foul from rio and he was moanin as if he was being victimized. Not sure about the masch one. Given that he was already booked, the ref should've reminded him he could send him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, because stupidity is a sending off offence :rolleyes:

Thats why dissent is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Draw
    well, the sending off has ended the game as a spectacle, there's no doubt what the result will be now. united will score one or two more i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Draw
    inconsistency

Mascherano asked the ref "Whats Happening" and got a second yellow card, now I think he was wrong to keep going after the ref but.......

No, he ran about 40 yards to complain, plus he was cursing at the referee after his first card.

No excuses, sending off offence (second yellow was fair as was first).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Draw
    In years to come I wonder will it come out that he had often taken bribes ??

i can see no reason why Masch was sent off for that (and a second yellow when you are on one anyway is still a sending off BTW) when others get away with it, as has already been said, why have Man U players not been carded for the same offence ?

Chelsea
    torres should've been booked. It was only a little niggly foul from rio and he was moanin as if he was victimized.

Rubbish. If that's the case, then no players will be able to talk to referees again. Rio Ferdinand did the exact same thing down the other end of the pitch a few minutes before after United got a free-kick.

Chelsea
    Probably whats your point?

Point is the inconsistency of ref's and how Wayne Rooney has been abusing ref's for years and got away with and Mascherano gets sent off for it.

Its a joke and it hilarious to read Utd fans think Mascherano deserved to be sent off when their golden boy Rooney has done worse time and time again.

In years to come I wonder will it come out that he had often taken bribes ??

i can see no reason why Masch was sent off for that (and a second yellow when you are on one anyway is still a sending off BTW) when others get away with it, as has already been said, why have Man U players not been carded for the same offence ?

Your getting sent off for the second yellow not for the in this case decent.

Point is the inconsistency of ref's and how Wayne Rooney has been abusing ref's for years and got away with and Mascherano gets sent off for it.

Its a joke and it hilarious to read Utd fans think Mascherano deserved to be sent off when their golden boy Rooney has done worse time and time again.

Ref's are incosistent? is this news?

He has done worse and in some cases he's got sent off sometimes he deserved to and didn't

does this make you feel better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

Its really just because of what happened with Ashley Cole during the week. There does need to be a consistency in application however. If someone else is talking back then they need to be booked aswell.

Chelsea
    smemon wrote: »
    No, he ran about 40 yards to complain, plus he was cursing at the referee after his first card.

No excuses, sending off offence (second yellow was fair as was first).

ROFL Firstly it was about 15 yards at a max and secondly do you watch the premier league often???

I have seen Rooney run 40 yards and abuse refs not ask "whats happening", if the refs want to start sending players off abusing them thats fair enough, but it needs to be consistent because Rooney and others have been doing it for years and getting away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Draw

i can see no reason why Masch was sent off for that (and a second yellow when you are on one anyway is still a sending off BTW)

no it isn't.

it wasn't a sending off. it was a bookable offence. he was booked for what he said to the referee. the fact that he was already on a yellow card should have no bearing on the referees decision making process

• Advertisement

Rubbish. If that's the case, then no players will be able to talk to referees again. Rio Ferdinand did the exact same thing down the other end of the pitch a few minutes before after United got a free-kick.

IMHO opinion players shoudln't be allowed to question the ref.

if there is an issue the capatain and ONLY the captain should be allowed to approach

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

United
    oh my poor anderson rugby tackled there

Draw
    If that was the case then it would be a rule, as it is not the case all players can approach the ref.

Chelsea
    Ref's are incosistent? is this news?

He has done worse and in some cases he's got sent off sometimes he deserved to and didn't

does this make you feel better?

I was just pointing out the inconsistency and how Utd fans on here have double standards they say Mascherano should have been sent off but yet their hero Rooney has done much worse and I've never heard any Utd fan say he should have been sent off.

Chelsea
    IMHO opinion players shoudln't be allowed to question the ref.

if there is an issue the capatain and ONLY the captain should be allowed to approach

Fair enough, but that's your opinion (one I'd agree with), but it's not the rules of the game. Before the sending off Mascherno wasn't abusive, wasn't aggressive and asked a question. There's no rule against that and he should never have been booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Its easy to see what Utd fans hate Liverpool fans and vice versa after reading some of the tripe being spouted here

If that was the case then it would be a rule, as it is not the case all players can approach the ref.
    \

Are you playing your own game of spot the obvious?

obviously it's not a rule BUT IF IT WAS

it would solve all the decent to ref blah blah issues

I was just pointing out the inconsistency and how Utd fans on here have double standards they say Mascherano should have been sent off but yet their hero Rooney has done much worse and I've never heard any Utd fan say he should have been sent off.

a football fan with double standards?

well i never.

United
    Its easy to see what Utd fans hate Liverpool fans and vice versa after reading some of the tripe being spouted here

its definately easy to see why liverpool fans hate utd fans anyway :P

• Advertisement

Theres a hardly a game that goes by that Rooney doesnt do something that could get him sent off. Whether it be his mistimed tackles or decent...........and I'm a Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Draw
    ROFL Firstly it was about 15 yards at a max and secondly do you watch the premier league often???

I have seen Rooney run 40 yards and abuse refs not ask "whats happening", if the refs want to start sending players off abusing them thats fair enough, but it needs to be consistent because Rooney and others have been doing it for years and getting away with it.

So if Gerrard commits an Ashley Cole-style lunge does that mean that he shouldn't get sent off either?

Listen, a match is a match. Regardless of how other referees interpret the rules, the referee shouldn't change his way of refeering a match just because other ref's can't do their job properly.

I dont think so anymore liverpool are too insugnificent for us to be bothered with them anymore that should hurt liverpool fans more than anything

Draw
    Probably but then what is to stop the ref sending off the captain when he questions a decision ? If a ref is going to be an arse then he will be it against all players, as he has shown that he can be today.

its definately easy to see why liverpool fans hate utd fans anyway :P

well i was sick of liverpool fans after about 10mins into the match ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Arsenal
    He didn't send him off for it.

he gave him a yellow card for it.

unfortunatley masch cant time a boiled egg which means he had two = sending off see the difference?

Yeh he gave him the 2nd yellow that sent him off for querying a decision.

Ref is a complete tosser whos ruined the game.

I think Utd would have won anyway, but its still shocking from the ref.

• Advertisement

Probably but then what is to stop the ref sending off the captain when he questions a decision ? If a ref is going to be an arse then he will be it against all players, as he has shown that he can be today.

Well mr point out the obvious i thought this would of been straight forward.

if the captain by law of the game can question the ref why would be sent off?

if ref's are bent no rule will work?

mad.

United
    he got a yellow there and then started talking back to the ref, rio should be gone . . .

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Now there you have it Rio booked for disent.

Chelsea
    deise59 wrote: »
    So if Gerrard commits an Ashley Cole-style lunge does that mean that he shouldn't get sent off either?

Listen, a match is a match. Regardless of how other referees interpret the rules, the referee shouldn't change his way of refeering a match just because other ref's can't do their job properly.

Exactly and how many times have you seen this ref get abused by Rooney? and not got a card for it?

Yeh he gave him the 2nd yellow that sent him off for querying a decision.

Ref is a complete tosser whos ruined the game.

I think Utd would have won anyway, but its still shocking from the ref.

Bennet is an aul thick b*****d and is the last person you would talk back to like that. Anybody watching the match could see Mascherano was going to get sent off at some stage.

• Advertisement

Draw
    Because by the laws of the game Mr "I have no idea what I am saying from one post to the next" a player can currently question a referees decision and one has just been sent off for it.

anything else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

rio booked can the liverpool fans please move on now ....

Chelsea
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    Now there you have it Rio booked for disent.

Just for those not watching Rio got booked for kicking the ball away after a foul was given against him.

Chelsea
    he got a yellow there and then started talking back to the ref, rio should be gone . . .

Exactly. Booked for a foul, starts mouthing off then he should be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yossi coming on? Fow who, Kuyt or Babel?

Mike.

Draw
    How do you know that he was booked for that and not the foul ? Has the ref said something to you that I have not heard ? Just curious you understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bennett bottles it! ;)

Mike.

Chelsea
    Trizo wrote: »
    rio booked can the liverpool fans please move on now ....

Your joking aren't you?? Rio was booked for kicking the ball away???

BTW Anyway who knows me will know I dislike Liverpool more than Utd, however I don't like to see a potentially good game ruined by inconsistent refereeing

Because by the laws of the game Mr "I have no idea what I am saying from one post to the next" a player can currently question a referees decision and one has just been sent off for it.

anything else ?

You'll have to show me the exact law but constantly questioning a ref's descision especially when the descision has nothing to do with you and maybe he used foul language we don't know?

If you show me a law that shows what the ref did was wrong i'll hold my hands up

Draw
    mike65 wrote: »
    Bennett bottles it! ;)

Mike.
    Never, bad reffing feom Bennett....

Somebody call the press..

• Advertisement
Advertisement