Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game crashing

Options
  • 16-03-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ive had the game for a few days and It seems to crash very often. At least 5 times in the last few days. I get an error box saying there was been a critical error in sportsinteractive/footballmanager/crash or something like that.

Any idea why this i happening ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Did you update the game Tusky? I heard some people when they got to season two there game crashed but you only just started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Does it say something about crash dumps by any chance? I've heard people say they get a message saying there was an error to do with crash dumps and if that's the case it's likely your save game is corrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Tusky, it might could be a bad install or bad patch-installation.

Might be well worth (back-up your .SAV file first, btw) doing a re-install and re-patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Does it say something about crash dumps by any chance? I've heard people say they get a message saying there was an error to do with crash dumps and if that's the case it's likely your save game is corrupted.

Yeah thats what it says alright. Ive updated to the latest patch. Should I redownload the patch and reinstall the whole game/patch ? Or should I just use the patch Ive already downloaded ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Tusky wrote: »
    Yeah thats what it says alright. Ive updated to the latest patch. Should I redownload the patch and reinstall the whole game/patch ? Or should I just use the patch Ive already downloaded ?

Reinstalling the game is what I've heard people being advised to do but I'm not sure if it works too well. It's definitely a bug and I recall people saying they hoped it would be fixed with the 8.0.2. patch but I don't think it has been fixed.

On the thread I saw, the guy who had the same problem you seem to be having was told to delete his save game file in question as it was corrupted. Then he was told to make sure to put the auto save function on but not to change it to compress to 1 file so that it could save a few files. That way if he got crash dumps again he was only a week or a month behind and could start from there.

I have heard it said too however that actually finding the crash dumps folder itself and deleting it might help.

Edit: Here's a forum where a guy seemed to have your problem and deleting the crash dumps folder seemed to help him:

http://footballmanagerportal.co.uk/footygamer/topic/358/0#p1570

My advice would be first uninstall and reinstall the game, then make sure you turn the weekly save function on from then on whilst you determine whether or not the problem has been corrected and if not, delete the crash dumps folder like the guy above did.

Hopefully that helps you out somewhat. I hate these bloody bugs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement