Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's back...

Options
  • 16-03-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

...yes you've guessed it the on-going Crumlin-Drimnagh gang freud has arrived back in the news.

An Thursday, one of the arrested supposely was a friend of the late Wayne Zambra. The two men were on there way down to Parnell Sq to assassinate Freddie Thompson who was in Parnell Sq at the time was the target. (Todays Sunday Tribune).
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0313/dublin.html

I also believe this has something to do with the feud aswell.:rolleyes:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0316/crumlin.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Woo Hoo just when I stopped checking the RTE teletext before heading out in the mornings, now I have structure in my AM's again!.

Oh the excitement of it all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

now they have people walking around a busy o connell street in broad daylight ready to carry out shootings in broad daylight? jeeze dublin seems to have gone to the dogs recently

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

utick wrote: »
    now they have people walking around a busy o connell street in broad daylight ready to carry out shootings in broad daylight? jeeze dublin seems to have gone to the dogs recently

Agreed, they could at least have the decency to wait until it gets dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Can I ask a question? :)
    I'm working in the ISFC and right beside Sheriff St. There are 4 uniformed gardai there 24/7 and armed detectives sometimes too

The taxi drivers sometimes comment (they know everything ;)) that it's a waste of resources and the second the gardai leave the area "your man" will be killed.

Who are they protecting? A VIP judging by the resources?
    Gav, is this connected to your thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No, thats a different feud around Seville place connected with ya man who was jailed for life for rape recently, that feud has had 2 murders so far along with shootings and grenade attacks in Swords which happened over a year ago and is still ongoing at a low level.

The taxi driver has a point though, the gardai can't stay in an area forever keeping an eye on things, somethings gotta give.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

micmclo wrote: »
    Can I ask a question? :)
    I'm working in the ISFC and right beside Sheriff St. There are 4 uniformed gardai there 24/7 and armed detectives sometimes too

The taxi drivers sometimes comment (they know everything ;)) that it's a waste of resources and the second the gardai leave the area "your man" will be killed.

Who are they protecting? A VIP judging by the resources?
    Gav, is this connected to your thread?

Not connected at all as gurramok has mentioned. I know someone who lives just at the corner there were the guards do be.

But anyway, definitely alot more visiable Garda present in my area with checkpoints everywhere last night.

Advertisement