Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to softmod your Xbox and install XBMC for free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

k1m05 wrote: »
    after running ndure i do not get the ndure.txt file. Any suggestions?

The one you are ment to use is attached to the OP, maybe just try put it in the right spot. Remember to remove the .txt extension after you move it there

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Howdy

Help would be appreciated. I'm trying to setup xbmc on my softmodded xbox. I have unleashx installed and I've managed to get ftp working with filezilla. I copied across the xbmc folder I had but from reading elsewhere it seems I've just got the source. Specifically I have a 30970 version which is about 200MB in total. However it doesn't have a default.xbe in the folder so nothing shows up in the 'Applications' on unleashx.

I tried a torrent from spyder but this is stalled at 37%.

Does anyone know where to find the proper xbmc folder - which when copied onto e:\apps will actually make xbmc show up on when I click on 'Applications'.

For what it's worth there are no other applications there for unleashx too. Is that normal - the softmod appeared to be successful and I thought unleashx came with some default apps available.

Anyway all help welcome. I'd really like to get this xbox up and running with xbmc and icefilms.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

walshki wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to find the proper xbmc folder - which when copied onto e:\apps will actually make xbmc show up on when I click on 'Applications'.
    you can download the official www.xbmc4xbox.org release from this torrent: http://malus.exotica.org.uk/torrents/XBMC4XBOX-3.0.1-STABLE.RAR.torrent

i just tried it and it took less than a minute, it's about 60mb in size and has the default.xbe launcher file inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

vibe666 wrote: »
    you can download the official www.xbmc4xbox.org release from this torrent: http://malus.exotica.org.uk/torrents/XBMC4XBOX-3.0.1-STABLE.RAR.torrent

i just tried it and it took less than a minute, it's about 60mb in size and has the default.xbe launcher file inc.

Many thanks. I did a fair bit of googling and thought xbmx4xbox only linked the source - glad I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Bit of a bump, but having awful trouble with an xbox here. I'll keep it to the point:

1) Followed steps as in the first post
    2) On step 2 of installing ndure, it complained about not finding latest dashboard.
    3) I didn't proceed, & instead used Slayers C & E to rebuild a new disc
    4) Same error, so chose step 2 for ndure to replace c with c from disc
    5) Error 21, but boots games from cold.
    6) Updated XBL via a game cd, got an updating prompt which completed & the console reset.
    7) Error 20
    8) Tried with another game, error 13

9) Backup wont restore from ndure now either, apparently some system files are read only & space is full.

Please help before I smash my head into the xbox motherboard & hopefully die of electrocution :mad:

• Advertisement

If I rebuild C using the C files from Slayers 2.7, will that work or have I lost anything vital?

I'm going to empty the C folder in the hdm folder, dump slayers C contents into it, reburn & hopefully that'll do it.

Never mind, all sorted now. Didn't need slayers in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 D3lu

I need help when the screen came i connected xbox hdd to my ide cable and then something started to happend but when i typed Xbrowser it says "Looking for CD-ROM in /dev/hda" No disk drive found on /dev/hda
    Please connect the drive and Connect and try again!
    xbr
    No xbox-partition table found on /dev/hda
    Done!!!

Please help me!

D3lu wrote: »
    I need help when the screen came i connected xbox hdd to my ide cable and then something started to happend but when i typed Xbrowser it says "Looking for CD-ROM in /dev/hda" No disk drive found on /dev/hda
    Please connect the drive and Connect and try again!
    xbr
    No xbox-partition table found on /dev/hda
    Done!!!

Please help me!

The pc can't see your hdd. Make sure it is the primary on the master ide port

Umm now i got this : xgfo0.jpg
    so what to do :o
    i can send u my files if u want to?

• Advertisement

Is your hdd unlocked, how are you unlocking it?

umm how can i unlock it :D:D: do you mean that music copy thing play pause thing i have done that but im not sure if i did it right

umm how can i unlock it :D:D: do you mean that music copy thing play pause thing i have done that but im not sure if i did it right

Try it the other way, by booting up the console with the dvd-drive ide cable disconnected, & on during the boot screen, disconnect the ide cable of the hdd. This should generate an error 12, & your hdd should be unlocked.

Alternatively, instead of typing xbrowser, type xboxhd at the prompt & it will tell you if your hdd is locked or not

okay it says This script assumes /dev/hda is the device to be used for creating or rescueing an xboxharddrive no disk drive found on /dev/hda (primary master)!
    Shutdown, conncet a drive and reboot.
    umm my kernel is 4034 so what should i do now and yes there is 07 Your xbox requires service blahblah but so what i do now : (

it gave error 11

oh yeh i tried again and it says that my xbox drive is locked

oh yeh i tried again and it says that my xbox drive is locked

You won't be able to proceed without unlocking it. The disconnection method works, you need error 12 though. The music file way also works

can you give me clear instructions to do the music trick

can you give me clear instructions to do the music trick

Em, from post 1 of the thread
    8) Boot the Xbox up and start playing the track you recorded to the hdd earlier and then press pause (also make sure there is no cd/dvd in the Xbox dvd drive) . This unlocks the hard drive and is essential.

Once its paused, disconnect the ide cable & hotswap

so i did the music trick but its sayin your xbox drive is locked any way to fix this?

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Em, from post 1 of the thread

Once its paused, disconnect the ide cable & hotswap
    Umm so i did the music thing but my drive is still locked

so i did the music trick but its sayin your xbox drive is locked any way to fix this?
    Umm so i did the music thing but my drive is still locked

Do the disconnection method as I mentioned earlier, when you see error 12 you know you have it unlocked

why wtf im trying all solutions to get error 12 and still not got one!

why wtf im trying all solutions to get error 12 and still not got one!

What model is your xbox, 1.4/1.5/1.6?

Explain how your trying to get the error 12?

What model is your xbox, 1.4/1.5/1.6?

Explain how your trying to get the error 12?

umm how can i see my xbox model?

and im going to record how im trying to get the 12 error :pac:

umm how can i see my xbox model?

and im going to record how im trying to get the 12 error :pac:

Google how to identify, there's a procedure.

No need to record, at what stage are you pulling out the hdd ide cable?

at boot menu when the thing starts to explode or something

at boot menu when the thing starts to explode or something

Let the red led flash 5 times & then pull the cable out, you could be doing it too soon.

i think that my model is 1.0 Xbox Revision

and mine is 4034

Kernel Version

1.2–1.5

• Advertisement

Let the red led flash 5 times & then pull the cable out, you could be doing it too soon.

1zzrfia.jpg

Is this good or bad :D?

Advertisement