Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management companies in new estates?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm looking in to buying a new property and I asked the estate agent about the Management Company - i said I assume there isn't one and he said there is. I thought they were no longer in operation in a new estate. It is a mixed estate of apartments and houses.

Can anyone shed light on what the situation is with management companies in new estates?

Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dors1976 wrote: »
    I'm looking in to buying a new property and I asked the estate agent about the Management Company - i said I assume there isn't one and he said there is. I thought they were no longer in operation in a new estate. It is a mixed estate of apartments and houses.

Can anyone shed light on what the situation is with management companies in new estates?

Thanks.

pretty much every new estate has a management company. why did you think they weren't around any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

There was another property I was looking at and they advertised - no managment company for houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Any development with apartments should have a management company now. Don't see how the houses could opt out, ours is a mixed development and the houses benefit from almost all the services in the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Lucky you, not the same in all estates though - think I'll check the situation with the estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

All apartment blocks will have a management company.

Housing estates that applied for planning permission before 2006 can have a management company but anywhere where planning permission was applied for after 2006 will not have a management company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement