Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Pats win FAI Futsal League

• 16-03-2008 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.futsal.fai.ie/

Win 10k and represent Ireland in UEFA Futsal Cup.

ST PATRICK’S ATHLETIC – Marcelo Wichmann; Thomas Chudy, Sergi Musteata, Rodrigo De Melo, Alexandru Gutu, Maciej Lewandowski, Ricardo Heidtmann, Pavel Markievicz, Artur Opeldus, Nilton Sant’Ana, Sebastian Palyska, Wojciech Korzan.

Beat sligo 23-3 in qtrs :D lol 23

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Sligo had Foyzer too :D Fair play. I seen a good bit of it the two weeks in DCU and Pats were class. De Melo is some player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

pfff , Futsal........not good enough for real football :rolleyes:

seriously though well done to Pats .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Who did they beat in the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bohsman wrote: »
    Who did they beat in the final?

bohs 3-1 after ET both sides all goaled out :D
    http://www.eircomloi.ie:82/index.xml

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote: »

ST PATRICK’S ATHLETIC – Marcelo Wichmann; Thomas Chudy, Sergi Musteata, Rodrigo De Melo, Alexandru Gutu, Maciej Lewandowski, Ricardo Heidtmann, Pavel Markievicz, Artur Opeldus, Nilton Sant’Ana, Sebastian Palyska, Wojciech Korzan.

kdjac

Local lads yeah? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

kdjac

I cant pronounce any of those names....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Congrats to SPA FC on the win.

Last year when Rovers won the inagural tournament they did so with a group of U-16 to U- 18 players, a couple of whom have since gotten first team action.

How many of the victorious Pats players are, well, Pats players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Archimedes wrote: »
    I cant pronounce any of those names....
    I know. It's difficult without Sky.

Congrats to SPA FC on the win.

Last year when Rovers won the inagural tournament they did so with a group of U-16 to U- 18 players, a couple of whom have since gotten first team action.

How many of the victorious Pats players are, well, Pats players?

All of them, they our SARI soccer team http://www.sari.ie/sarisite/index.php

kdjac

All of them, they our SARI soccer team http://www.sari.ie/sarisite/index.php

So none of them are part of the actual Pats youth set-up, rather an affiliate community relations team?

Typical Pats, always at the fringes of the rules.

• Advertisement

So none of them are part of the actual Pats youth set-up, rather an affiliate community relations team?

LOL They are pats players, they play as St Pats, wear St Pats jersies how could they not be Pats players :confused:

None are youths as too old to be part of the youth setup, i guessing you wont be rooting for Ireland in the uefa futsal cup then :p

is this another rovers righteousness on rules, having trouble finding the rule that says you have to use youths or 1st teamers?

kdjac

LOL They are pats players, they play as St Pats, wear St Pats jersies how could they not be Pats players :confused:

None are youths as too old to be part of the youth setup, i guessing you wont be rooting for Ireland in the uefa futsal cup then :p

is this another rovers righteousness on rules, having trouble finding the rule that says you have to use youths or 1st teamers?

kdjac

Because, as you say, they are players in an affiliate team, the SARI side. I assume most of them do their real football with other clubs.

The object of this excercise was an U-19 tournament for clubs youth players, not Pats to play non-national bangers who happen to have played a 2 day tournament under the Pats banner. It is stretching creduility to call these guys Pats players.

Technically, I'm sure you are covered, but its not in the spirit of the game, and seems to symptomatic of the regard the rules are held in on Emmet Road at the moment.

"righteousness on rules"! lol.

None of your players were particularly young either. James Lee was playing for example and he's at least 21. The Pats team played some beautiful stuff tbh and were fully deserved of their victory

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    None of your players were particularly young either. James Lee was playing for example and he's at least 21. The Pats team played some beautiful stuff tbh and were fully deserved of their victory

But my point is they were Shamrock Rovers players. Not guys who played a charity tournament for us before going back to their clubs.

I'm sure Pats were fantastic, but this smells of bangers!

Because, as you say, they are players in an affiliate team, the SARI side. I assume most of them do their real football with other clubs.

The object of this excercise was an U-19 tournament for clubs youth players, not Pats to play non-national bangers who happen to have played a 2 day tournament under the Pats banner. It is stretching creduility to call these guys Pats players.

Technically, I'm sure you are covered, but its not in the spirit of the game, and seems to symptomatic of the regard the rules are held in on Emmet Road at the moment.

"righteousness on rules"! lol.

The rules were changed this year to allow anyone to play. Sligo had Foyzer, Drogs had Gary Kelly, etc. Who cares?? Only you because you lost

They compete in the SARI league as Pats :confused: The futsal ran for more than 2 days and some of the polish lads played for us last season too.

And worst of all a pats fan selection is playing them in a 7 side in a few weeks, we gonna get murdered :(

kdjac

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    The rules were changed this year to allow anyone to play. Sligo had Foyzer, Drogs had Gary Kelly, etc. Who cares?? Only you because you lost

You were allowed 2 players overage, like the Olympics. But the idea is that the bulk of your team be your youth setup.

This is not about Rovers losing - more an observation that Pats bend the rules more than most, wage caps, players registrations, refusing to do media work as per heads of agreement etc. I'll bet with anyone here they are the next LoI team to lose points.

You were allowed 2 players overage, like the Olympics. But the idea is that the bulk of your team be your youth setup.

This is not about Rovers losing - more an observation that Pats bend the rules more than most, wage caps, players registrations, refusing to do media work as per heads of agreement etc. I'll bet with anyone here they are the next LoI team to lose points.

Nope, it's not two players overage. There's no age rule. Pats whole team was made up of players in their 20s and 30s

Advertisement