Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I had to re-install BF2 on a new hdd, so it's looking for passwords and email a/cs for my account name. Thing is, it's being auto-logging in for the last couple of years, and I have no idead of either password or email a/c ( i think the email a/c was one I had in the states at the time I got the game).

So, is my only option to create another name and start again? I don't give a sh1t about stats or anyting, but getting all the unlocks again might be a pain.

All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You *might* be able to call EA Support (UK) who will ask for your serial number and get the e-mail address changed but I wouldn't bet on it.

No access to your old email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

No - no access. It's a comcast a/c. Long inactive.

I can boot from the old drive and the autologin works, but if I boot from new drive, it looks for a/c names and passwords...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DonalN wrote: »
    No - no access. It's a comcast a/c. Long inactive.

I can boot from the old drive and the autologin works, but if I boot from new drive, it looks for a/c names and passwords...

If you know the email address then you could try a reset at www.gamespyid.com since the accounts are linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Copy all the profiles from
    D:\Documents and Settings\[username here]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\
    to your new Documents and Settings location. Should then work. The profiles would be named 001, 002, 003, etc.

Actually, copy all the stuff from the profiles folder into the new folder.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm pretty sure though that he'll need to access the account to reset the password.

I'm guessing that the old install has been patched to 1.41 ? (patch 1.3 was the first to encrypt the password in the registry).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ponster wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure though that he'll need to access the account to reset the password.

I'm guessing that the old install has been patched to 1.41 ? (patch 1.3 was the first to encrypt the password in the registry).

I overlooked the bit where he can no longer access the account. I've checked the Comcast support pages and can find no mention of them disabling old email accounts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

GOT IT!!! - I was just trying all the passwords I could remember I ever used, was about to give up, tried one more and it worked! Happy days.

Cheers for helping!

Advertisement