Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reply is broken

Options
  • 16-03-2008 7:08pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭

instead of giving the quick reply window focus it is just launching a proper reply page. i.e it is doing the exact same as the quote button.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Works fine for me, I just posted this with it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Works fine for me, I just posted this with it.

ok, I'm vista, IE7.
    I get the cursor jumping into the quick reply window then straight away the proper reply window launches.
    when i rollover the quickreply button i see the same link as for quote button also and when i edit posts i get a new window too rather than the inline edit i used to get.

hmmm i moved to vista only recently, maybe it has been like this since then?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do you have javascript disabled? Are the drop down menus working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭¬_¬

Do you have javascript disabled? Are the drop down menus working?
    Spot on; it's most likely JavaScript disabled.

To enable or disable JavaScript in IE7, follow these steps:

From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options...
    Click the Security tab
    Click Custom Level...
    Scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list. Click Disable or Enable.
    Close and restart your browser.

can confirm that scripting is enabled and that the drop downs work fine.
    any other ideas? anyone else with vista and ie7 confirm they don't have the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I dont have this issue.
    (IE7 Vista 32&64 bit)

However my parents Vista PC does and is a dell.

I dont have this issue.
    (IE7 Vista 32&64 bit)

However my parents Vista PC does and is a dell.

interesting, mine is a dell xps.

however it may be a red herring, have just checked another vbulletin site i use and quickreply still works fine for it. it appears that if i turn off wireless and click quick reply i get the correct response as IE can't follow the link.

does anyone else see that the quick reply button gives the same link as the quote button? that seems to be the problem for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nope, all is fine here... i'll check with ie7 again and let you know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The links are both the same for me and it's working fine for me.

The links are both the same for me and it's working fine for me.

but your browser must put the javascript ahead of following the link?
    hmmm, weird.

edit: went and checked the other site and it's links are the same, however I checked it again and it appears that quick reply doesn't work for me there either for some threads but does on others. headwrecker.

so it must be something to do with the oem dell version of IE on my new laptop. MS doesn't seem to want to overwrite it though.

• Advertisement

Have you tried another browser?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Working fine here in Firefox B4 (WinXP)

Shouldnt matter what build of PC, just whats "under the hood" :)

Sully wrote: »
    Working fine here in Firefox B4 (WinXP)

Shouldnt matter what build of PC, just whats "under the hood" :)

it shouldn't alright, except for the helpful post above from spankerton that the same issue affects his parents dell

It's working fine on my dell laptop. Try using firefox 3 beta 4, it has fixed some issues I was having on here with javascript it may do the same for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭¬_¬

I vaguely recall my Vista PC (Dell)1 having the same issue - but that was because IE 7 was shipped with the Security level set to High.
    Tools->Internet Options->Advanced -> Restore default settings; and if that doesn't work: Reset..?
    Have you tried another web browser? If it happens with that too, then maybe it's a firewall or something.

¬_¬ wrote: »
    I vaguely recall my Vista PC (Dell)1 having the same issue - but that was because IE 7 was shipped with the Security level set to High.
    Tools->Internet Options->Advanced -> Restore default settings; and if that doesn't work: Reset..?
    Have you tried another web browser? If it happens with that too, then maybe it's a firewall or something.

my security settings are at lowest possible, but i did get a crash early due to mcafee having an issue with IE7 so will look at that. firefox isn't to my liking but will try it if nothing else works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement