Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

window sprayers?

Options
  • 16-03-2008 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

my window spray things(not sure what theyre called) stopped working about a week ago. this happened to my old car just before i sold it too so i was wondering if its a common problem and is there an easy way to fix it from home?
    theres plenty of water in it in case you think thats the problem;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

Try replacing the fuse... I would say that is a likely cause..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Can you hear the spray washer motor running? If you can, then it's most likely that the jets/pipes are blocked/disconnected. If you can't hear the motor then it's either the fuse, motor or switch. If you recently tried to spray your screen during cold/frosty weather the you could have blown the fuse or burnt out the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Alot of older audis had a habit of popping off the water pipes on the underside of the bonnet

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Presuming you can hear the motor when you press the switch:
    First thing to try would be to get a pin and stick it into the nozzle then pull it out. Usually its just dirt and gunk thats built up blocking the flow of water. You may need to do this a good bit before you get a decent flow going.
    If that doesn't fix it (and motor is definitely working) Then just trace the pipes from the water tank, systematically disconnecting at any joint to identify the part of the tube that is problematic. Start at the tank and follow them as far as the nozzles.

If your motor isn't working, then its something electric. First port of call would be a fuse (easiest to fix). Then get someone else,who knows their stuff, to look at it!

Advertisement