Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why would anyone do the IATI when you can do the CAT

• 16-03-2008 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

I stand to be corrected but they offer the same qualification they both take 2 years to complete but the CAT only requires 1 years work experience the IATI requires 2 , I don't see any advatage in doing the Iati over the CAT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

I stand to be corrected but they offer the same qualification they both take 2 years to complete but the CAT only requires 1 years work experience the IATI requires 2 , I don't see any advatage in doing the Iati over the CAT

What do IATI and CAT stand for? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

The CAT is the Certified Accounting Technician qualification run by the ACCA nad the IATI is the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fashionconsious

If you intend to continue on with ACCA, CAT gives you more exemptions. If not, IATI gives you more exemptions with Chartered Accountant of Ireland (ACA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA).

Most companies out there prefer CAT as this is an international qualification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Most companies out there prefer CAT as this is an international qualification.

Talking through your hoop tbh. If you do a search on www.irishjobs.ie you'll find barely anyone looking for CAT, whereas there's loads for IATI.

Advertisement