Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest updates are freezing windows vista on me.

• 16-03-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I installed three updates yesterday and they bunch my vista home premium installation.

Basically I got an IRQ_L blue screen after I installed them .
    After rebooting and trying to fix in safe mode ,windows would then hang at restart with a black screen and no hard drive activity.

I'm not sure what one is causing the trouble ,I presumed it was the malicous software update , I'm running kaspersky at the moment.

I can get vista back working ,but I need to run the restore program three times and it takes a good while for it to do its thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Try disabling and removing kapersky(?) using another AV like avast, it could be a conflict. If that fails, try removing the malicious software update or any other recent non critical update you can remember from add/remove programs (show updates).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks for the reply ,I've managed to get the machine working ok and the updates are waiting to install again.

Theres two updates that might be kasper related
    Malicious software removal tool - (KB890830)
    Windows junk E-mail filter - (KB905866)

Windows Vista - (KB946041)

I've subscribed to kaspersky ,so I'd rather leave it be. I'm just not sure if these updates are important ,or if they are only important if not using antivirus software:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Best off not to intall them. They arent needed if you have the kapersky sub. ANd you have done without them so far. IIRC there is a way to set windows not to annoy you about specific updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks nick ,I've changed updates from automatic to manual.

Appreciate the replies :)

Advertisement