Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really old SIM card in brand new phone.

• 16-03-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Basically, I have a work mobile that the company I work for pays the bill on, they've never really seemed to mind me using it as my personal phone, as I have been doing so for a few years now, as has everyone else in my department.

Anyways, I was thinking about splashing out on the N95 8Gb, and just transferring the SIM card from the work phone into it. Thing is, I'm fairly sure that the SIM is quite a few years old now. What kind of problems could I face by using this SIM in the N95? Obviously I'd be looking to take advantage of all the lovely features of the N95, email, web browser etc. . .

I've tried connecting to Vodafone Live! and such with the phone that it's currently in, and I just get a "Subscribe to GPRS first" message. I'm guessing that this is something that needs to be done on Vodafones end?

Any help???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Happened me a few times before ("Subscribe to GPRS first"), just give Vodafone a ring and they'll sort it out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Your sim will probably work in the new phone.

However, if the phone needs GPRS activated, or the sim is too old to work, you will need your companies Authorised contact to contact Vodafone to get them to authorise the upgrading of the sim/ activating of GPRS (without which, the internet, and MMS among other things, will not work with your phone.).

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Yeah, tried ringing the business customer support crowd yesterday, but they don't work weekends apparently :rolleyes:

Also, I got to thinkin' that this SIM was knocking around within the department for awhile before I started, so I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be registered in my name, so could possibly run into problems with the support guys there.

Ah well, think I'll just get the N95 and see how I get on :)

Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

gloobag wrote: »
    Yeah, tried ringing the business customer support crowd yesterday, but they don't work weekends apparently :rolleyes:

Also, I got to thinkin' that this SIM was knocking around within the department for awhile before I started, so I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be registered in my name, so could possibly run into problems with the support guys there.

Ah well, think I'll just get the N95 and see how I get on :)

Cheers

Unless you are the authorised contact they wont entertain you, its not registered to a person but the company itself, so you need to find that person.

That said, getting a sim upgrade/ activating your account is only a matter of a few mins once you get your hands on them :)

Advertisement