Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wording on your Firearms Certificate

Options
  • 16-03-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

O.K I think I need to rephrase the question slightly.

On our certificates it says "who is hereby authorized to have in their possession, use and carry" it then outlines the firearm in question.

We are all more or less aware of the opinion of the Garda on this subject in that when firearms are being transported they are to be secure. What will the Garda who stops you at a check point or whatever accept as being secure without you having to deal with the threat of having The 1990 firearms and offensive weapons act used against you.

I'm just wondering how this is actually interpreted by the court's, if it has even been addressed.

Has anyone actually run afoul of the terms of the certificates in respect of actually being in legal possession and transporting their firearm?
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Irinsight

There are other posts on here about this. You don't need the firearms act to get in trouble for 'carrying' a firearm for no good reason.

The firearms and offensive weapons act 1990 will do the trick quite nicely.

Advertisement