Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

re Kapersky anti virus licence.

• 16-03-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

I had a problem with my computer last year and had the ordinary free avg virus control. However my tech told me that I would need something stronger for Broadband and installed Kapersky anti virus. This is about six months back and i have had no problem since tg. However I am now getting a messge this licence expires in 5 days , does anyone know what I need to do. I am also having probs with Firewall and have turned it off, otherwise I can;t get the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could renew the license for kapersky or you could un-install it and put avg back on it. I don't know what he's talking about when he says not strong enough for broadband. I have avg on every computer in our house and have never had a problem.

Stick with avg, it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you decide to stick with Kaspersky, they have a great deal going right now. Link to thread. AVG free is also grand for home use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks a lot lads, when I did have free avg I got a virus on computer, that is when he suggested that Kapersky was needed for broadband, doctors differ computers die !

Advertisement