Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESS Profile Turbofan Goggles

Options
  • 16-03-2008 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

A short review of my ESS Profile Turbofan Goggles.

I also have a regular pair of ESS Profile Goggles but they are prone to fogging
    in certain conditions. i.e. any time I run and break a sweat :rolleyes:

After a bit of research I took the plunge and bought the turbofan ESS profile goggles. They are essentially the same as my original profile goggles but they have a neat little electric fan mounted in the top rim of the goggles. The fan when running draws a constant airflow through the goggles. The theory is that this should eliminate any fogging.

Well on Saturday I got to test them for the first time in Gorse Hill. Conditions were excellent (for fogging) with a nice steady downpour of rain all day :)

It was fair to say that a lot of people had problems with goggles fogging that day.

I'm happy to report that the ESS Profile Turbofan goggles do exactly what they claim! I had zero fogging all day although once or twice I had to set the fan to high speed for a few minutes.

The goggles come with two 2.8mm polycarbonate lenses clear and smoke grey.

PICT0669.jpg

Note the fan on the top rim and the powerpod mounted on the strap.

Airflow system

ProfileTFan_Airflow.gif

Powerpod

TurboFan_PowerPodCallout.gif

The powerpod has a single power button three settings low, high and off. Very small, low weight it takes a single AA battery. The manufacturer claims 150hrs on low setting with a single battery.

Top View

PICT0672.jpg

Bottom View

PICT0673.jpg

I purchased the goggles from EPS UK very good service and quick delivery. They stock the full range of ESS goggles and glasses.

Linky
    http://www.epsgoggles.com/products/viewproduct_detail.php?prod=18

ESS Website further details on the ESS Profile Turbofan
    http://www.essgoggles.com/Profile-TurboFan_53_detail.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement