Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Height Adjustment in Fiesta

Options
  • 16-03-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Was looking at a Ford Fiesta 2001. I am a bit lanky and the driver's seat was too high as my head was almost touching the roof. I couldn't adjust the height of it. Anybody know if the driver's seat height can be adjusted or is this just a car not designed for 6ft + people?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

To the best of my knowledge, having owned several of them, the seat can be adjusted fore and aft and rake angle, but that's all. It isn't very far off the floor in the first place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

I used to own a 00 ford fiesta ghia

The seat in that could be adjusted as the top right corner of the seat had a leaver you could pump up and down - the more you crank the lever up the higher it goes - the more you pump it down, the lower it goes.

I'd check the model you're buying for this lever first - not sure if it featured in all of them.

I'm 6ft 3" in height - used to have the seat on the floor and pushed fully back - knees touched the wheel even doing this ( although it wasn't touching enough to bother me) about .5 to an inch of room headroom wise.

Space isn't the best in that fiesta but it was fine for me. The secret of that car was always the very nippy zetec engine and the handling. great drivers car and if I was in the market for a small car again I wouldn't hesitate.

As it stands I have a mondeo now (I'm a converted Ford driver now I think from my experiene with that fiesta! :D) Mine never failed to start - v reliable in general - wear and tear really. timing belt only has to be changed at 100k miles (in the one I had anyway - not sure about others) great little car!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Velocitee wrote: »
    I used to own a 00 ford fiesta ghia

The seat in that could be adjusted as the top right corner of the seat had a leaver you could pump up and down - the more you crank the lever up the higher it goes - the more you pump it down, the lower it goes.

I'd check the model you're buying for this lever first - not sure if it featured in all of them.

I'm 6ft 3" in height - used to have the seat on the floor and pushed fully back - knees touched the wheel even doing this ( although it wasn't touching enough to bother me) about .5 to an inch of room headroom wise.

Space isn't the best in that fiesta but it was fine for me. The secret of that car was always the very nippy zetec engine and the handling. great drivers car and if I was in the market for a small car again I wouldn't hesitate.

As it stands I have a mondeo now (I'm a converted Ford driver now I think from my experiene with that fiesta! :D) Mine never failed to start - v reliable in general - wear and tear really. timing belt only has to be changed at 100k miles (in the one I had anyway - not sure about others) great little car!

Cheers. I had a drive of a focus and for a couple of quid more I think it's a better car for me.

Advertisement