Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Cool. I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Will wrote: »
    Yeah but you can stretch them back up again, it is probably best for your ears tbh. Even when you go to bed leave em out. Then just massage em with some oil in the morning pop in a smaller plug then once it's used to it put back in your current one :) I usually do it and i know a few others on the forum do too

its good idea for the people that have 'sensitive' skin. i never had to take mine out for the night, i just clean then when i take a shower and thats all. And i just use vaseline to put the bigger size in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

to each their own i suppose, whatever works best for you :)

thats right ;) all im sad about is that i cant use the wooden plugs as im allergic ;)

ha yeah, zebra wood or something you had wasn't it, i vaguely remember :)

• Advertisement

id say rosewood or something, cant remember now, just learned not to touch wood ;)
    How nice you remember me ;)

When it comes to plugs i remember silly minute details :)

ahh, just thought you remembered me, how sad...

i also remembered you don't worry

nice non toxic woods like ebony should do you fine btw, don't be afraid of the wood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

How long after moving up should I wait before taking the plugs out for a bit of time?

• Advertisement

hunter164 wrote: »
    How long after moving up should I wait before taking the plugs out for a bit of time?

When the skin is not sore or red, when you feel comfortable with them. It depends on the person - it takes me about 5 days until my ears get used to new size.

>.< doh forgot to reply to your pm hunter >.<

sorry

uhm 5 days is a bit short, i'd usually leave it a month minimum but haven't stretched in ages. basically when your body is ready you will know.

ah its cool man. They feel alright now, got them stretched last tues. Hope to move up a bit again in about a month will that be alright or a bit too quick?

see how stretchy they are, buy the size up and see if they go in handy enough. if they don't its too soon :)

Sound man thanks :)

uhm 5 days is a bit short, i'd usually leave it a month minimum

I dunno, i know my ears and they're just fine after few days. and its not like going 2mm every 5 days, im just talking about another layer of masking tape, so sorry :D

ah alright, your using the layering thing. cool

Its easy and cheap ;)

yup did the same with my labret and ears :)

yup did the same with my labret and ears :)

how big is ur labret then? Is it comfy:>?

• Advertisement

It was 9mm tall x 16mm wide but had to take it out :( gum erosion sucks.

Was crazy comfy

Moved up to 4mm today :) went into Wildcat and she tried the 3.2 and it went right through so she asked me would I like to go 4 and i said why not :D

Just a question do you moisturise your ears? And if so with what moisturiser?

Thanks

I use bio oil, it's expensive but have had my bottle for over a year and it still looks full :)

Where did you buy that?

Chemist, it's around 23euro for a big bottle or i think 16 for a smaller one.

Vitamin e oil can also work wonders, or aloe vera gel too. so many options

I might check that out. Yea I'm using vitamin e oil at the min. Should I use it every day?
    Sorry about the stupid questions.

They're not stupid :)

If you want, i don't think there's any side effects. It's important in winter to keep lobes happy, maybe every second day or something, up to yourself. If you find they're drying out just rub some oil on em

Thanks man, really appreciated.

No worries, take it slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I tried to leave out my tunnels out for the night last week because I've been at about 8mm for 2 months or so. After about 10 mins it was a tight squeeze to get a 7mm in. So any tips for making them stretchier? I give 'em a little tug regularly and they're nice thick and in great condition and moisturised but I'd like to let them breathe for a while. Thanks!

Advertisement