Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching tips

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Bio oil... again. My ears were more or less locked at 20mm, used bio oil regularly and they loosened up like a cheap hooker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thank you.... for putting that lovely image of a cheap hooker in my mind. Not that I would know about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Detanon

Hi I want to get my ear to 5mm. None of my ears are pierced yet. Just wondering how I should go about to getting my ears to 5mm.
    Do I just pierce it at normal size then stretch it or what.
    I'm thinking about getting it pierced at Claire's and buying tapers online. Is this a good idea?
    Thanks.

Okay, first of all stay away from claires. They will pierce your ear with a gun which is un-hygenic and un-safe. Guns basically use blunt force trauma to put the jewellery in instead of a nice clean incision with a needle. Theres also no way of properly autoclaving (sterilising) a gun so you're leaving yourself open to all sorts of infection and disease. Anyway, get yourself to a proper piercing studio such as snakebite on abbey st (I think) or celestial ring in stephens green. (Apologies if your not in dublin, I can't see locations) Once you get pierced leave your ears to fully heal (roughly 6 weeks) and then wait an extra month or so just to be on the safe side before you start stretching. Your ear wil most likely be pierced at 1.6mm so get yourself some 2mm tapers and jewellery. I'd reccomend just plain single flare tunnels for initial jewellery. It's easier to stetch in the shower so after or during your shower lube up and push the taper through with the jewellery behind it. There should be minimal pain and no bleeding. Wait absolute minimum a month before stretching up again. The next size you should go to is 2.4mm then 3mm, 3.2mm, 4mm and then 5mm, leaving at least a month between each stretch. Hope this was somewhat helpful and best of luck :)

http://www.wildcat.ie/page.html?id=15
    At wildcat theres 1mm -4mm ear lobe piercings. Does that mean if i get the 4mm one, they pierce it to 4mm straight away? If so how do they do it, do they just get a 4mm needle or something.

• Advertisement

some places can/will pierce you with a 3.2 needle, that's how I got mine going but i don't recommend it as it is quite tough on your lobes but can be done :)

Yeah, it can be a bit too much on your ears sometimes. Just take it nice and slow, your ears aren't going anywhere :)

Hi, I'm looking for a taper set from 2mm - 5mm. What are some good online shops I can find them for cheap or in shops in dublin?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Here's good, super fast postage!

http://www.bodyartforms.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

ive gotten mine as far as a 10g, now i cant get the 8g in! grrr ive even waited 2 months! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

10g > 8g is a bigger jump than the ones before it- 0.8mm :( Have you tried taping it up? I think 10g was the size where I started taping.

i may start doing that actually. ptfe tape yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

mac123 wrote: »
    nice thread, should come in handy as im gonna start stretching soon!
    lllll

i may start doing that actually. ptfe tape yeah?

Yep, PTFE tape + drop of oil. It's fiddly as HELL but if you start using it at small sizes it can only get easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ive gotten mine as far as a 10g, now i cant get the 8g in! grrr ive even waited 2 months! :(
    Gauge wrote: »
    10g > 8g is a bigger jump than the ones before it- over a mm :( Have you tried taping it up? I think 10g was the size where I started taping.

I'm realizing now, I still have no idea how the 'g' sizes match to the mm sizes... 2.4mm? 3.2mm? 4mm?

*gets coat, leaves... sadly*

Jeez, get with the times Damo :P

No real reason to know them unless you're ordering from the USA to be honest. BAF have a good measurement conversion table here.

I'm realizing now, I still have no idea how the 'g' sizes match to the mm sizes... 2.4mm? 3.2mm? 4mm?

*gets coat, leaves... sadly*

I'm the complete opposite... I may get my coat too :o

have it bookmarked cos i forget sometimes

GaugeChart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jeez, get with the times Damo :P

No real reason to know them unless you're ordering from the USA to be honest. BAF have a good measurement conversion table here.

So 10g -> 8g is .8mm... not over a mm? Get your coat missus! :pac:

ptfe tape is the devil... my tapers are now stuck in my ears! :( i only wrapped it around once, and loads of vaselene.. grrrrrr

EDIT: alls well, i take it back! :D

• Advertisement

you gotta leave the ptfe tape in there for a while, and you put it on the jewellery not the tapers

So 10g -> 8g is .8mm... not over a mm? Get your coat missus! :pac:

Ah crap, maths, my secret shame ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I've been using tape to get upto 8mm from 6mm, sooo damn easy. I'm so stupid for not using it before.

Just make sure you twist them regularly or they get stuck in place eek.

Also, as I'm getting bigger I wanna start using some oil to keep them all nice and juicy. I've heard of using emu or jojoba, or bio oil.. where can I get them?

Jojoba oil- pretty much any health shop, Holland and Barretts do a big bottle of it for about €14 which is good value. Not all stock it, some only have small bottles.

Emu Oil- Bit more difficult to find, I've bought it in those Here's Health shops.

Bio Oil- Pretty much any health shop or Pharmacy. Boots should have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Jojoba oil- pretty much any health shop, Holland and Barretts do a big bottle of it for about €14 which is good value. Not all stock it, some only have small bottles.

Emu Oil- Bit more difficult to find, I've bought it in those Here's Health shops.

Bio Oil- Pretty much any health shop or Pharmacy. Boots should have it.

Oh sweet, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

i just got my ears pierced at 4mm like 3 weeks ago, it wasn't too painful either just uncomfortable more than anything. i think it wasn't too painful because i have some big ole ears. just a quick question, i wanna stretch up to 5mm, how should i go about doing that? im gonna wait til about march to do it though, patience is a virtue.

by march nice no flare jewellery should just glide in like a cool summer breeze :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

should i go back to the studio and get them to stretch it to 5mm?

You can if you want, probably best so you know how it's done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

started doing mine a few months back. Was only gonna do my left ear big enough till I could see through it lol. Have an 8 in me left ear now and the right ear is playing catch up. Using insulation tape for stretching.

Advertisement