Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

@seanybiker, i've heard some horror stories about using electrical tape. main problem with electrical tape is that it has pours, your ear can actually heal to those pours. i believe it requires surgery to remove your jewelry then

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it's electrical tape, forget it. What you want is the plumbers tape, it has no adhesive and is what you want to use for stretching.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bondage tape is great aswell. Yes you will have to go to a sex shop to get it or you could just order online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

cheers lads. I got the ptfe tape just now. Feel alot better now after reading what ye said. Some smell off me ear ha ah. I clean it most days normally only just water to be honest. What do ye use?

enemy wrote: »
    electrical tape is that it has pours, your ear can actually heal to those pours. i believe it requires surgery to remove your jewelry then
    sorey only noticed that now. My one healed a little bit and it felt like it was stuck in my ear. Was really sore taking it out. Thought i was gonna rip the ear off meself. This ptfe is nice. Kinda spongey :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I have really weird ears! My right ear stretches up no problem at all, but my left ear is really difficult to stretch!

They've both been at 12mm for about 4 months and the right one was getting very loose so i went and got 2 14mm tunnels in Wildcat earlier today. The right one went in no bother and looks really good but the left one just refuses to go in. VERY frustrating!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mine were like that sometimes too. Not specifically one ear but just refusing to stretch. Tis very annoying indeed.

Tis! Specially since i splurged on fancy matching plugs and can only wear one :(

Tis! Specially since i splurged on fancy matching plugs and can only wear one :(
    lol could be worse. I have a 10 in one ear and about a 3 in the other one ha ha. Luckily old people drink in my local so Im still a rebel with holes in me head.

seanybiker wrote: »
    lol could be worse. I have a 10 in one ear and about a 3 in the other one ha ha. Luckily old people drink in my local so Im still a rebel with holes in me head.

Its driving me mad!! Its not even noticably different size wise, but i have to wear different plugs :( Im just gonna head into Wilcat tommorow and beg them to put it in for me. Ill probably be told to get lost but its worth a try!! I will have matching plugs by Christmas!!!

• Advertisement

Its driving me mad!! Its not even noticably different size wise, but i have to wear different plugs :( Im just gonna head into Wilcat tommorow and beg them to put it in for me. Ill probably be told to get lost but its worth a try!! I will have matching plugs by Christmas!!!
    go in with tears in your eyes. They might just ram it through for ya then. Best of luck anyways with yerm wonky head lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Have you's not seen my ears?!
    25mm and 15mm and the 15 is only recently. haha

Working my way up very nicely.
    Should be looking at 16 or 17 now in about 3 or 4 weeks.

Thank science for Bio-Oil. :D

I know! But i spent so so long playing catch up with my right ear thats unbelievably frustrating that they're different sizes again!!! And its such a small difference that its like my left ear is taunting me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

no one notices but you, it's not something to get caught up over. don't force your lobes, blowouts are much much worse, unsightly and a damn hell more painful than mismatching plugs will ever be

I knows. Its why im leaving it alone for the time being, its a bit sore from being messed with so i dont wanna p!ss it off anymore. Ive had really good luck with stretching so far so i dont wanna push it too much

where do ye get your stuff online. I dont know what the thing is called that i have in. Its a metal thing i can see through and its a circle obviously. It comes out around my ear if ya know what i mean. Im hoping to get ones that go through but dont have so much metal showing. Sorry for stupid description. Hopefully ye know what I mean. Typed ear plug into google but ear plugs for noise reduction came up lol.

tunnel?

www.bodyartforms.com
    www.onetribe.nu

bodyartforms are competitively priced and fast delivery. onetribe is more for custom work with rare materials

Will wrote: »
    tunnel?

www.bodyartforms.com
    www.onetribe.nu

bodyartforms are competitively priced and fast delivery. onetribe is more for custom work with rare materials
    cheers for the link will. Single flared eyelet looks nice.

Ideal for stretching are single or no flared jewellery, double flares are no good for it and should only be used on healed piercings

Will wrote: »
    Ideal for stretching are single or no flared jewellery, double flares are no good for it and should only be used on healed piercings
    im still stretching. Have an 8 or 10 in now. Not sure. Probably just go to 12 and stop. Said same when i was at 6,he he. I presume what i have in now is a double flare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

hey will i have my left ear streched to 12mm and i got my right pierced recentally and onlt have a 2.5 mm barbell a 4mm taper 8mm taper(may have gone missing as well) and i 10mm spiral 12mm taper... i hade more for the other sizes but i misplaced them can u tell me the cheapest way of streching them without having to buy other tapers lol!!!!!! i heard ptfe tape is good but i dont know where to get it

ya will get the ptfe tape in any diy shop.

cheapest way is to just wait till your ear stretches naturally, i've not stretched mine in months and they could easily fit a 27/28mm piece, stopped at 25mm.

ya i know but no offence i really cant wait coz i look so mismatched lol!!!!!!! i guess ptfe is the way to go

could get it scalpelled but you've to be 18. don't rush your stretching or you will get a blow out, take it handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

What about getting it punched?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Don't think you could get it punched to 12mm tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Get it punched to 6 maybe? Didn't think you could scalpel straight to 12 from 2.5

lol!!! im 16 i doubt anywhere will scapellel me lol(although if u do let me know) i wont get punched coz thats permeant and i dont want that.......... hmmmmm me thinks of what to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

you don't think scalpeling away flesh is permanent? Nowhere will do it yer too young.

Advertisement