Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching tips

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

thanks..... if i start now does anyone thing i could be up to like 10/12 for feb???

EDIT>> i know its permanent but punch REMOVES a chunck of ear wheres as scalpeling only makes a cut(i searched it up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

thanks..... if i start now does anyone thing i could be up to like 10/12 for feb???

starting from scratch? I wouldnt advise it to be honest. Some people heal faster than others but thats fairly big to stretch in 2 months. If I had the jewellery though I probably would have gone a lot quicker than I have so far but im just no good at waiting for things. The longer ya take the better though.

edit. Oh scalpel. Hmm no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Scalpelling is permanent as is stretching your lobes beyond a certain point!!! Don't go further into this if aren't comfortable with big lobes for life

stretching 12mm in 2 months is madness, 1 or 2 mm is achievable but even at that it's pushing it. 1mm every 3 months is the way to go

really???? iwhen i got my left pierced i waited 1 week before moving up :eek::eek::eek: and i only left a week inbetween streches lol but thats coz MY FRIENDS TOLD ME TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i want to do is to be able to wear checker plugs for my trip to manchester :(

Your lobes are probably in ribbons now then :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

You waited one week before stretching up? That's insane, your ear wouldn't even nearly be healed, it would still be essentially a needle wound.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Are they really sore at the moment? Even if they're not I'd advise you to take them out and downsize. You could end up with thinned out lobes later on. And plus 1 to what Will said. Stretching should be regarded as a permanent mod no matter what size you go to, so some serious thought should be given before you start. And slow down in future! It took me over a year to get to 8mm

stretched me right ear a bit last night. Kind of sore and a tiny drop of blood

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

seanybiker wrote: »
    stretched me right ear a bit last night. Kind of sore and a tiny drop of blood

im no expert but i presume blood means your ripping your lobe rather than stretching it.

Damn drunkeness

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    Damn drunkeness

was stone cold sober.

I presume if I just leave it alone now for ages it should be grand? Its still a tiny bit sore but no more than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Will was referring to his own post, he'd posted drunk and then edited it when sober, the sneak! :D

Damn drunkeness

I knew I should have quoted when I had the chance! But with those 5 stars I don't know what kind of superpowers Will could possess. Maybe quote-editing ones! :eek:

I'm awfully tempted to quote what he'd written before the edit... but then again, as a c-mod, he's technically in charge of all the forums I moderate other than the Bordean Times one... O_o

Will was referring to his own post, he'd posted drunk and then edited it when sober, the sneak! :D
    ah right so ted.

I'm awfully tempted to quote what he'd written before the edit... but then again, as a c-mod, he's technically in charge of all the forums I moderate other than the Bordean Times one... O_o

TBH though it wasn't very incriminating.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

TBH though it wasn't very incriminating.

surely a mod of such power shouldn't even consider posting something incriminating?

i presume the post was giving out about me stretching to much. The ear is grand now.

I was just trying to say blood is bad and to downsize and that I was quite drunk. Nothing major :)

lol. Power? Lol :)

enemy wrote: »
    ...a mod of such power...
    TBH, mods are more akin to caretakers than having 'power'.
    We delete spam, clean up messes, and try to keep the place in reasonable order.

• Advertisement

I was just trying to say blood is bad and to downsize and that I was quite drunk. Nothing major :)

lol. Power? Lol :)
    should i down size now even though its not as sore.

Ok point 1! my left lobe is fine(yes i did strech early on but it kinda was healed )
    Point 2! im not going to downsize now coz i my left is not thinned and i've stopped streching because i at 12mm im happy with them

point 3! i will wait a while before moving up o n my right because when it got pierced the gun gammed twice so she had to do it again(we did look into tattoo zoo about getting it done with a needle but it was very costly but i regret not getting it done there now) :(

Ok point 1! my left lobe is fine(yes i did strech early on but it kinda was healed )
    Point 2! im not going to downsize now coz i my left is not thinned and i've stopped streching because i at 12mm im happy with them
    point 3! i will wait a while before moving up o n my right because when it got pierced the gun gammed twice so she had to do it again(we did look into tattoo zoo about getting it done with a needle but it was very costly but i regret not getting it done there now) :(
    1 - your lobe was not "kinda healed", as you said yourself that you stretched it after A WEEK.
    iwhen i got my left pierced i waited 1 week before moving up :eek::eek::eek: and i only left a week inbetween streches
    If you continue treating your ears like that, you better be prepared for some major problems with them.

2 - How long has it been at 12mm? Is it FULLY healed?

3 - Your first mistake there was letting someone do your ear with a gun in the first place. Those things are brutal. Yes they get the job done (IE - a stud rammed through your ear using brute force) but as you've experienced just one of the problems with getting 'pierced' with a gun, I hope you've learned the lesson there.

ok anyway my left is fully healed any streches after 8 never hurt me coz i gave it more time and yes i prob would have done a better job myself (i did lip and septum myself with proper needles)

No, your lobe won't be thinned out now, but later on it's likely. A fresh stretch should be treated as a new piercing, thus requiring sea salt soaks and adequate time for healing. I'd wait at least 6 weeks before I'd call it fully healed.

ya but i have no futher plans on streching??

Seems you've your mind made up regardless of what advice we give you

i know but im worries about the rightear coz i need to strech that.... i was told to downsize but i cant coz its not even streched lol

Have a read here for all the info you'll need.

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Stretching

And don't forget to take your time when doing it! You're lobes aren't going anywhere so whats the rush? Leave minimum of 4-6 weeks before moving up a size and only go 1mm at a time.

• Advertisement

i know but im worries about the rightear coz i need to strech that.... i was told to downsize but i cant coz its not even streched lol

When did you get your right ear pierced?
    It's probably going to take longer than usual to heal, as it's already been through the wars when you were getting butchered with that gun it pierced.

As has been pointed out to you a few times now, you'd need to wait at least 6 weeks before even thinking of stretching, and that's under perfect conditions (Healing well, no irritations, no colds/flus/infections)

Advertisement