Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching tips

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

i got it done in a salon in cork that do loads of piercings that are dead cheap (tounge for 30 euros) but after the experence with teh ear im never going there again lol after wat happened i only got a 3 euro discount!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

i got it done in a salon in cork that do loads of piercings that are dead cheap (tounge for 30 euros) but after the experence with teh ear im never going there again lol after wat happened i only got a 3 euro discount!!!!!!!!

nuff said i think :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

you worried about your 3 euro discount? i'd be more worried about my messed up lobe.

rofl i was worried but my best friend with went me and she pissed her pants when the got got stuck me on the other hand was freaking out :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Sounds like a laugh and a half.

But seriously, cutting corners when stretching whether by getting them gunned by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, or ripping them by stretching too fast- you're only screwing yourself over in the long run. Rips and badly pierced lobes = scar tissue and badly placed holes that can stop you from stretching to the size you want or having to go through long annoying periods of downsizing and restretching just to undo damage that could have been avoided if you'd just been patient and done a bit more research when you started out.

• Advertisement

thanks gauge i'll listen. anyway im defo waing for them to heal and i'll go up in millimter increasements when i do strech them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

left mine out for the night the first time a few days ago. Put it back in the next morning but didnt think it would shrink so didnt use lube, the back of it was wicked sore, no blood or anything and it went in easy. Took the tape off it though just incase I done any damage.
    me girlfriend thinks the hole in me ear looks like a cats arse ha ha.

Cat's ass is usually a sign that your lobe isn't healthy.

Gauge wrote: »
    Cat's ass is usually a sign that your lobe isn't healthy.

oh right. I thought it was just because it was stretched. Have it down a mill or two now. Ill leave it like this for a while. Massaging the lobe loads now. I dont mind going down in size for a while now anyways. At the start I was woo I want bigger but now Im used to it I dont mind waiting to be sure at all. Met some nutter in the pub a few nights ago he was laughing at me cos I took a while stretching. He said he went straight from a 2 to a 10, said he done it himself, got drunk and pushed the 10, surely the ear would have torn doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Guy is most likely talkin sh!te trying to be a hardman

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    Guy is most likely talkin sh!te trying to be a hardman

Thats probably what it was. He was with one of his mates. Fooker told me I was a wuss for taking months to get to where I was now. Ah sure whatever makes him feel big, although he was abhout 5 foot 0 so he probably had that napoleon complex thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

seanybiker wrote: »
    He said he went straight from a 2 to a 10, said he done it himself, got drunk and pushed the 10, surely the ear would have torn doing that?

Unless he used a huge taper, putting a 10mm piece through a 2mm hole would be like trying to put a lightbulb up one nostril. I'm calling shenanigans.

unless you know what you are at (and even at that) you are still pushing boundaries without purposely scalpelling it. Even if he did get it all the way through his ear most likely would be blown out, specially doing it himself. proper piercer would know how far to push it before settling on a size.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The guy sounds like a right plank.
    I'd rather be a wuss(Ha!) than an idiot.

CianRyan wrote: »
    The guy sounds like a right plank.
    I'd rather be a wuss(Ha!) than an idiot.
    i know yeah. Poor me. Piercing and tattoo session in waterford sometime for all us sometime. He walk into pub and see all us big ears and wont bully me ha ha ha

yay gone up a size in me left ear. Called down to the chap that does me piercings and he checked me ears and said that I could go up a size in the left because the tape I was using was wrapped enough to make it grand to go up a size. The yoke went in no bother at all. Didnt feel it. Was fairly surprised to be honest. Delighted with the new size and the thing in it is nice.

Changing the ptfe tape every few days is very important as it gets very mingin after a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

Changing the ptfe tape every few days is very important as it gets very mingin after a while

Touché!!:p

lol. It can get bad alright.

left ear is killing me. Called down to the lad who does me ears. He took the 10 out to have a look and rammed it back in again. No tape or anything. The exact same one but was wicked rough putting it back. Wicked sore.asked him for a six cos I had me right taped to 6, he decided to ram a ten in without telling me. Safe to say it didnt go in and i almost sent him flying. Ill do it meself from now on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Sounds like a top bloke ;)

seanybiker - yeah maybe never go back to him ever again if he is gonna treat your lobes like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Detanon

For anyone who has ordered from bodyartforms how long does the shipping time usually take?
    Thanks

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Any time I've ordered I've used standard shipping and my stuff usually arrives within a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

I planning on going down today to get my ear stretched, i currently have no ear piercing and they say they can go straight to a 4mm. Would that be to much? should i start smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Em, yes way too much. Any studio that recommended that should be avoided completely. Get your ear pierced in a proper studio. It will be pierced at either 1.2 or 1.6mm wait minimum 6 weeks for your ear to heal and then give it another month before stretching. Then you'll want to stretch to 2mm or 1.6mm if your ear was pierced at 1.2mm. Wait minimum a month before stretching again. Then go to 2.4mm, then 3mm, 4mm, 5mm etc... Leaving minimum a month before stretching to a new size. Never ever go more than 1mm in one stretch. The studio will explain to you all the aftercare and healing.

Cheers read a fair bit about it and was thinking that seemed a bit off.

It doesn't seem that off to me. Lots of piercings get done at 3.2mm- I haven't heard of as many people being pierced at 4mm, but still I've heard of it. It gives you a bit of a head start, and being pierced at 1.6mm doesn't really have much benefits over being pierced at 3.2mm (except a marginal difference in pain/healing time). If you're planning on stretching there's no harm in getting pierced at a larger than average starting size provided the studio know what they're doing.

Did the piercer specify that they would be doing it with a needle?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Doh! I misread that! I thought you meant that you were getting pierced, then stretching up :o

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote: »
    Did the piercer specify that they would be doing it with a needle?

He didn't say. I'm guessing it is a needle or some sort of taper thing :confused:

Advertisement