Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching tips

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

finality wrote: »
    obnicc wrote: »
    Forgive me if I'm being dumb here lol, but 16g is the usual size for lip rings isn't it? And those fit through my ear piercing the exact same as normal earrings do. Does that make any difference?

As far as I know the earrings used in piercing guns are usually 20 or 18g. Wearing 16g for about a month definitely wouldn't hurt, but it might be unnecessary as your ears could well have self stretched if they've been pierced for so long. You could try buying a 14g barbell or labret stud and if it goes in with no pain then it should be fine. :)

Cool, thanks very much for your advice, I'll try the 14g n see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

Just got them in the post this morning! Put the 14g in no bother, lobe just felt slightly warm after but no pain whatsoever, seems like that was the right way to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Hey i'm just wondering i'm 14 and really wanna get my ears stretched where should i get it done and will it hurt?
    Cheers,
    Jay!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Hey i'm just wondering i'm 14 and really wanna get my ears stretched where should i get it done and will it hurt?
    Cheers,
    Jay!:)

I think you should probably wait a few years before doing it, in a lot of cases it's a permanent modification and what people want changes a lot from when they're 14.

But if you're gonna do it anyway and your parents are ok with it, I guess take a look at the first post in this thread for starters so you'll understand the process.

This is a timeline of how long you should wait between sizes:
    Fresh piercing to first stretch: Approx 5 to 6 months
    16g to 14g - 1 month
    14g to 12g - 1 month
    12g to 10g - 1.5 months
    10g to 8g - 2 months
    8g to 6g - 3 months
    6g to 4g - 3 month
    4g to 2g - 3 months
    2g to 0g - 4 months
    0g to 00g - 4 months

If people tell you it's ok to skip sizes or to stretch faster, they're wrong, no matter how big their lobes are or how experienced they claim to be.

Stretching should never hurt, there might be a very slight stinging sensation but if there's pain, you should stop and wait a few more weeks.

I'd advise stretching yourself (not piercing, that's completely different) as you'll know if it hurts and you need to stop, and you won't be at risk of someone incompetent messing your ears up. But if you really can't do that yourself, find a good piercer, most piercers will stretch piercings. You could ask for a good piercer in your area on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Quick question. So I had my ears pierced and was stretching them. Now I got them done by gun and I thought the holes were a little crooked. So I let them heal back up. Now they are healed apart from a normal piercing hole in the outside, closed on the back of lobe. My question is if I was to get them pierced again, this time by a needle and begin to stretch again would I experience any problems? Thanks for any feedback!

• Advertisement
Advertisement