Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Any one else notice that when you get to large gauges, you can stretch up quiker?
    When i got 16, and started wearing heavier tunnels i could stretch 2mm in two weeks, i know its not the safest and best thing to be doing, but i have no pain, and i usually still have a bit of room afterwards.

Rakan, in metal morphesis, said to me once, "i ussually hate when people come in to get their ears stretch, but i know its grand with you."

idk, just wondering if im lucky or is it normal. haha

I've stayed at 22mm for about two months now though, im keeping it at this size till i stretch my right ear up to the same size, thats still at 8mm (HATE ITTTTTTT).
    That'll take me about a year i'd say, the way my left ear went.

Anyway, admiration or shocked faces telling me to slow down both wecome. (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I stretched to 18mm from 16mm in one go, thought i was fine but soon developed a blowout. let it relax then stretched back up to 19mm. Since work doesnt let me wear plugs i just wear nothing in them, and after just throw in 16mm plugs.

Do what you want man but my advice is take it slow (as usual)

happy stretching :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Well my jewellery arrived this morning, dying to put in the 1.6mm ones but unfortunately there is still a bit of crust every now and again around the rings i have in so im gonna leave it another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

found a septum tunnel at 7mm for $35.

then found one at 8mm for $25.

*finds ptfe tape*

>_>

• Advertisement

Well i put in the 1.6mm crescents last night after a shower. They're fine, not irritated at all. I took off the rubber O's a while ago and there is no crustiness underneath so i think they've taken ok. And even better there seems to be a lot of room to even stretch up to 2mm already.

It'll be another 2-3 weeks before i do though

Melion wrote: »
    Well i put in the 1.6mm crescents last night after a shower. They're fine, not irritated at all. I took off the rubber O's a while ago and there is no crustiness underneath so i think they've taken ok. And even better there seems to be a lot of room to even stretch up to 2mm already.

It'll be another 2-3 weeks before i do though

Beware the temptation and take it slow.
    You've years to streach your ears, so there's no rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Why do people do this?

For many reasons. Me, because i like the way i look with em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I fail at stretching my ears myself.

Punches here I come.

• Advertisement

Why do people do this?

for me, i dont stretch my ears, cos i just dont think it'd suit me, but i am in the process of stretching my septum, largely cos i love the subtelty of it.. i dont wear a ring or anything in it, i just wear the tunnels, so at certain angles etc, it can be seen. it's also a little bit of a fun challenge to stretch it myself, and to guess at how big it's gotten, and how much further to go, etc.

Went into my piercer today who's a mate of mine, also done my tattoo on my back. He said he'd ordered jewellery in for me, was expecting 2.4mm as i was at 2mm. He put in the 3.2mm, very sore in the left ear as there was a bit of an infection. Looks good though and he said id be able to put in the 4mm tunnels he got in for me in a month, cant wait to have them in.

They'll be a bit tender and swollen for a while. Personally would recommend waiting a bit longer before stretching up to let the tissue heal better.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Melion wrote: »
    ...was expecting 2.4mm as i was at 2mm...
    ...He put in the 3.2mm, very sore in the left ear...
    ...he said id be able to put in the 4mm tunnels he got in for me in a month...

Honestly? Sounds like you're stretching a little too fast! It's your choice, but it sounds like you would be running the risk of getting a tear or blowout, which would ruin it completely!

Also, if you'd a bit of an infection in your left ear there is no way he should have stretched it, that's asking for trouble!!!

Honestly? Sounds like you're stretching a little too fast! It's your choice, but it sounds like you would be running the risk of getting a tear or blowout, which would ruin it completely!

Also, if you'd a bit of an infection in your left ear there is no way he should have stretched it, that's asking for trouble!!!

Its taken ok so far this evening. Ive cleaned it 3 times with salt water since i got it done about 1 this afternoon. No pain at all, surprisingly. I'll see how the next few days go before i get worried.

try not to clean it too often a day... three times might be pushing it a bit. make sure that you're only putting a tiny enough amount of the sea salt in.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

aahhh :(
    i got a blowout.
    tapers and myself don't go well together i don't know when to stop pushingg.

will i just take it out and let it heal up or whaa? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say either downsize or let them heal completely...

Bio oil may help the healing too, either way.

suzaane wrote: »
    aahhh :(
    i got a blowout.
    tapers and myself don't go well together i don't know when to stop pushingg.

will i just take it out and let it heal up or whaa? :(

Downsize a few mm straight away, depends how far along it is... but basically downsize to where your ear is barely holding the jewelry in. Massage the bejaysus outta em also.

Might do a video on how to stretch your ears later cos im bored :D

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

thank you very muchly :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

I have my ears stretched up to 9 mm now, and i cant wait to have 10mm plugs in ;)

Stretched mine up to 6mm from nothing yesturday.

Not a smart thing at all to do from what I read but so far so good.

Aiming to get it to 10. Used a taper then shoved the plug in.

REMOVE THEM NOW! man are you nuts, you're gonna get blowouts!

Will wrote: »
    REMOVE THEM NOW! man are you nuts, you're gonna get blowouts!
    I dunno man, doesn't hurt at all like, can even squeeze it and hardly feel a thing :D no swelling or anything. Tapers hurt a bit when going through when it reached 5mm, but besides that it seemed to be a clean cut op.

Yay for stretchy freak skin?

:eek: A whole thread, a stickied thread in fact, where myself and others advocate and encourage going slow when stretching even pointing out the dangers of going too fast. Yet you still insist on not listening to sound advice! I thought you'd more sense than that man :(

If you wanted to get up to larger sizes so fast get them scalpelled :(Tapering should never hurt, ever. You are putting your lobes at huge risk, causing more scarring than normal, decreasing circulation in your lobes, putting your body under huge strain... the list goes on. Frankly, you are being stupid.

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Earlobe_Tearing
    http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Piercing_Blow-out

I just don't understand you. really, i don't.

they probably dont hurt cos theres not enough blood getting through to the bottom of your ears.

Alright, point taken, I'll slip down to a 4 for now and see what condition the ear is in.

Sometimes I just get cought up in the fun of things :(

yikes! dude... will's said it all, really... whatever risks you take etc, 100% up to you. so easy to get carried away... i did a bit recently too, had to just stretch right back down, the piercing was just waaaaayyyyyy too tender. i was only stretching with ptfe tape, and it was starting to hurt a few days later... fucked if im gonna let that interfere with teh longterm plans.

thing is, for the most part...t his stuff is permanant, or at least pretty long term. chill out, calm down,a nd just cruise it up. maybe it's the influence of the kiwis and stuff, but just slow it right down, chill and go bit by bit. looking forwrd to seeing it though, hope it doesnt go screwy on ya! :)

Took the 6mm out and had a look, seems fine, put in a 4mm just to be safe and it fits rather snugly in there :)

:)

you gonna be there thurdsay? looking forward to meetin ya, seem like a cool guy :cool:

• Advertisement

:)

you gonna be there thurdsay? looking forward to meetin ya, seem like a cool guy :cool:

Yeah no reason why I wouldn't be, look forward to meeting you as well :)

Advertisement