Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe stretching tips

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

CianRyan wrote: »
    Right ears back at 8mm!

YESSS!!!! :D

Only 17mm till im evened up, thats... 8.5 months?
    Thats long... ¬.¬

It really should take longer than that. 17mm is a lot :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I know it seems very short, but my ears have no trouble going up 2mm a month.
    I know the rule of thumb is 1mm a month, but everyone is different, ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

the real rule of thumb is 1mm every 3 months :(

Seriously?
    Damn i have stretchy ears...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CianRyan wrote: »
    Seriously?
    Damn i have stretchy ears...

Or so you think till your rushing up through the sizes causes a problem, and we don't like seeing our bod mod buddies having problems :(

• Advertisement

Well its the same speed i've done my other ear at, and i've had no problems with that.
    Apart from that one stupid time where i went up like 5mm in a week... ¬.¬

But yeah, if anything bad happens, or seems like its going to happen, i know the drill.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just thought I'd share a site I've been using to buy plugs etc, I dunno if it's already been posted up. http://www.kingsbodyjewelry.com I've used them a few times now and their prices are very reasonable, and anything I've ordered has arrived within a week!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Ok, so I have been thinking of doing this lately...nothing too drastic, 4 or 6mm at most I think.
    I had my ears pierced before, twice in each ear infact, but took them all out about 8 years ago. Now while there is still a visable 'hole' for each one, the hole itself has closed up by now.

2 questions:
    a) will the fact that I had two piercings in close proximity to each other effect the stretching?
    b) will I need to have 1.2mm original piercing jewelry in for the full 6 months to heal, even though it is not a fresh piercing, but rather a re-piercing?

Thanks
    Fi

1 - shouldnt effect stretching
    2 - you will need a new 1.2mm or 1.6mm, or maybe even 2.4mm barbell in there till it's healed. Won't take 6 months but it is best to leave it as long as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Sweet!
    Well I shall let you know how it goes! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ForTheLoveOf_Fi

Nice thread. :) yes, rule of thumb is 1mm every 3 months. but i either am impatient or have strechy lobes cant be sure:o anyway, my lobe is currentry at 3mm, i used tapers my boyf got me for xmas. now i think i did go a tad too fast and i know i have no problems currently, but i really wouldn want to blow out my ear or anything. my boyf has had a bad experiece in past of lobe splitting, so everyone please take your time :D X

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

here's my collection :pac:

i've lost most of them, hence there's missing sizes and only one of some sets ;__;

Taking a break from maths are we? :p

Will wrote: »
    Taking a break from maths are we? :p
    mebbeh ;)

Get back to your trinomial equations and differentiation young lady!

Get back to your trinomial equations and differentiation young lady!
    :(
    *toddles off*

Nice collection btw.

Waiting for weather to get better for my lobes and labret.
    Put in a 2.4mm bar into my tongue this evening. Slid right in. How it should be done :D

Nice collection btw.

Waiting for weather to get better for my lobes and labret.
    Put in a 2.4mm bar into my tongue this evening. Slid right in. How it should be done :D
    why thank you ^__^

it was sunny today, so i am taking it as a sign to put in my 18s ;)

are you going to stretch your tongue? :eek:

Dunno, just had a craving yesterday so figured i'd try put in a 2.4mm, slid right in

Thanks to the use of the word 'craving' I now picture you nomming down on a bowl of tasty 2.4mm barbells.

• Advertisement

Ha ha nah too gritty for me

Ha ha nah too gritty for me

You should eat only the finest Anatometal cereal like I do!

On topic, how big are you planning to go?

With my tongue? no clue but atm trying to get a custom piece from onetribe :D for my labret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ugliest

Where in town has pretty flares? I want a nice coloured one, bout 4mm

Wildcat, bodyshock, snakebite, bodyartforms.com, onetribe.nu, glasswearstudios.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

With my tongue? no clue but atm trying to get a custom piece from onetribe :D for my labret

Oooh, oooh, get a labret piece with a pair of lips on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CleoCouture

mmmm...im considering getting my lobe stretched...im not so sure how big i want to go though! I want to be able to fit a decent sized plug in, but not so big that i have to tell people to stop staring through the hole in my ear:)
    what would be the best size i should consider?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

mmmm...im considering getting my lobe stretched...im not so sure how big i want to go though! I want to be able to fit a decent sized plug in, but not so big that i have to tell people to stop staring through the hole in my ear:)
    what would be the best size i should consider?

well you'll need to start small and work up, so as you progress you should get a better idea of what size you're comfortable aiming for.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I know they say the rule of thum is 1mm every 3 months or something like that??

is it ok to occasionly go up 2 sizes, im at 4mm now, had them for while , thinking of going straight to 6 from here, then back to 1mm increments.

any opinions?

• Advertisement

4mm-6mm is a big jump. You'd be better off keeping up the 1mm increments at this stage as you'll see the benefits. Wait until you're a bit larger before you start making 2mm increments- there's a big difference between going from 4mm-6mm and going from 8mm-10mm.

Advertisement