Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Xbox?

• 17-03-2008 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

So after months of pondering :confused: - I'm going to buy a 360! :D

Most people in here seem to know their stuff and i was hoping i could an answer to a few questions;

1) For those who've bought an xbox 360 in 2008, any RROD yet?

2) How do i ensure i get a new model, one with the falcon chip in it?

3) Apart from the hard drive capacity, Are there any hardware quality or spec differences between the 360 premium and the elite?

I could push the boat out for an elite, but i don't think i'll use the 120GB (won't be downloading trailers or movies), so unless it runs better, i don't think its worth it for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

New models tend to come with hdmi slots in the AV connections. Also the Elite has the 120GB HDD compared to a 20GB HDD with the premium. That's the noticeable difference. As for the RROD, there's no guarantee against it no matter how new the console is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

No other differences bar the hard drive size with the Elite. You do get a hdmi cable and, as far as I know, a cable that will allow you to hook up to dolby digital when the hdmi is plugged in (the a/v port is blocked slightly by the hdmi so an additional cable is required - correct me if I'm wrong on this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Would it be possible for one to use an external HardDrive and connect it to the 360 to act as its HD?

Nope

Can you purchase the Arcade package in Black or is it only the Elite console taht comes in Black?

• Advertisement

Elite is the only black 360

Major bummer dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Passenger wrote: »
    Would it be possible for one to use an external HardDrive and connect it to the 360 to act as its HD?

I was pretty sure you could do this I remember reading a tutorial on it!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You can connect an external HDD to the xbox and play music and videos off it but you can't use it as the Xbox's HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea I do that for all movies and stuff.. I was pretty sure you could do it.. using sata controllers

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement