Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSB/KBC Race

• 17-03-2008 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Good race today - plenty of the spirit of St. Patrick, with pipers and a Harpist entertaining the runners before they went out and on their arrival back. The race was started bythe Deputy Lord Mayor, Anne Carter. Winner was a Hungarian guy whose name escapes me for the moment, followed home by Colm Rooney, Brian Maher, Gary Thornton and Vinnie Mulvey. The race provided a great finish down Dawson St. The women's race was won in emphatic fashion by Deirdre Byrne from Maria McCambridge and Annette Kealy. The team prizes went to Clonliffe (men), DSD (women) and KPMG (corporate). The MSB webmaster is away in the States at the moment but will hope to have the full results up over the next couple of days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Well done, Very enjoyable race.

Great to run around the streets of Dublin free of traffic. Nice to have a baggage area too. The registration/reception venue was very nice and the harpist playing in the background was classy while keeping the BHAA style cup of tea and biscuits/chat atmosphere. The 10 euro online entry fee was great to see too. It was my girlfriends first 5k and Im delighted we picked that one. She was extremely happy with the whole experience.

Recovering from a calf strain which made it through with no reaction so happy with that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Took part yesterday too, just seconds over 24 mins.
    How will they record the results though I wonder?
    They took the barcode strips alright but didn't seem to have anything at the finish to scan them or anyone taking down times.

Anyhow onwards and upwards to the great run in just under 3 weeks, had plenty in the tank yesterday so hopeful of something between 45-50 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Took part yesterday too, just seconds over 24 mins.
    They took the barcode strips alright but didn't seem to have anything at the finish to scan them or anyone taking down times.

Anyhow onwards and upwards to the great run in just under 3 weeks, had plenty in the tank yesterday so hopeful of something between 45-50 mins.

Was my first race yesterday and great experience :) I was in a few seconds before you rovers, just under 24 mins. Bring on the great ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

The results are up now http://www.msb5k.com. How does your official time compare with your own watch time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭robbicosta

I ran 27 mins in the 4 mile BHAA race on Sat then slowed to a jog on Sunday due to a whack I got to my foot on Saturday night, leaving a huge bruise and a lot of pain when I tried running hard. Cruised around in just under 28mins. Normally good for at least 21mins in a 5k.

I see my firm, KPMG, won the Corporate prize. Wonder who picked up the award (if anyone)? I left the Mansion House after a quick up of tea! Had I known I would have stayed around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

The results are up now http://www.msb5k.com. How does your official time compare with your own watch time

Pretty much on the button TheRoadRunner, did they use a scanner on the finish line for the barcodes I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I didn't know Mo Farah raced for Liffey Valley and he only came 93rd.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

My time was exact also. The time on the big clock when I crossed the line was the same time as on my results. Looks like a scanner on the line. They could estimate the times the scanner missed (if any) from the manual number check a bit further past the finish line. Maybe Common Sense might know the setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

T runner wrote: »
    My time was exact also. The time on the big clock when I crossed the line was the same time as on my results. Looks like a scanner on the line. They could estimate the times the scanner missed (if any) from the manual number check a bit further past the finish line. Maybe Common Sense might know the setup?

Although involved with the organisation of the race, I don't actually know the 'timing' set-up, but nobody in the club had any doubts that accurate times would be posted. On Robbicosta's question, the KPMG prize was collected by Aoife Brady and a guy I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RRSC

Tingle wrote: »
    I didn't know Mo Farah raced for Liffey Valley and he only came 93rd.:eek:

Just to let u know Mohamed Farah is a Liffey Valley regular. Mo Farah's not been seen around Islandbridge lately though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭islandexile

Good race on Sunday. Great to be able to run around Dublin traffic free. The course was fast and I'd say lots of people set new P.B's. :) There was a very good quality field there (I'm basing this on the fact that international athlete James Nolan was only 9th). Numbers were down on what they were expecting possibly? They had 2000 goodie bags but i don't think there was anywhere near that number there.

Anybody got access to a few sneak preview photos anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RRSC

Anybody got access to a few sneak preview photos anywhere?[/quote]

islandexile - have a look at lindie naughton's blog - she has pics up there 20 or so in flickr slideshow mode

Advertisement