Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eset Nod32 anti-virus

• 17-03-2008 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Does anyone know if they run any special deals on this? I'm running the 30 day trial now as I'm losing faith in AVG. I hear Kaspersky is also good, and there's some very good deals going around for it, but the general consensus online seems to be that NOD32 is better and lighter.

What bugs me with NOD32 is that a 1yr licence is about $40 in the US and €40 here. Sorry, but I'm not mad on paying extra for the luxury of living here...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

nod32 is the best of the best.

i'm running kaspersky now only because i had too much trouble cracking nod32 :) Constant hastle, I was able to buy a 1 yr license for 9.99 cdn last year and I didn't, regret it now. Back then 2.7 was a simple thing to crack so I figured 3.0 would be too...

I hate it. I wish I could go back. Anyway, ill probably end up buying nod32. There are a few random deals for students/companies. That's the way I'm going to go. Can pickup 3 year licenses at 50% off that way.

Search nod32 50% and eventually you'll find a working valid discount. I was able to find a few last month. You can buy from any country and just download it lol you don't need to buy it in EU.

cheers!

ps. maybe ebay will have cheap license keys available. Pricing are usually set by country, so some OEM people might have really cheap ones. That's how I got half-life 2 and css when they came out for like $5 :)

please post any updates if you find anything

good luck

http://www.softwaresecuritysolutions.com/nod32.html

i don't know if they'll email you a key, their prices are pretty reasonable.

Check this!
    https://www.buycheapsoftware.com/details~productID~3884.asp

$18! 1 yr license lol That's great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Protocol7

I tried the US and Canadian stores but they won't sell to Irish billing addresses (probably because of the overpriced nod32.ie site). Don't like the sound of ebay for software licences. Too many scammers there for me.

Tempted by the price, I tried installing Kaspersky Internet Suite. When it finally finished setting up and rebooting, windows explorer (XP SP2) would stop responding as soon as I tried to run any program. Ctrl+Alt+Del would do nothing. Eventually I had to hard reset and boot into safe mode to delete the program directory (couldn't use add/remove because of the freezing) Then when I was finally able to boot back into windows I ran the uninstaller to clean up everything else. Then I tried plain Kaspersky Anti Virus and got the exact same.

So regardless of how cheap it is, I won't be going anywhere near it after that.

that's strange...

you know if we set up a group buy or something, it will work out very cheap for all of us. group buy on 2 year or something like that would be great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement