Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with a guitar shop.

Options
  • 17-03-2008 6:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm having a bit of a problem getting money back on a guitar i paid for but was constantly fobbed off about it's delivery from a guitar shop. Has anyone a similar experience and what did they do about it?

If you can PM details if that's not allowed on the thread then many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

There is a consumer issues board in the 'Biz' section which would probably suit this query better. So have they not delivered your purchase or are you unhappy? I think Either way you should be entitled to your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Every Geezer

I am entitled to the money. It's trying to get it back from this cowboy is what the problem is. I know I'm not the first person this has happened to, so I'm wondering if any one on boards has had the same experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I think DamonJewel's is good advice.
    You'd probably have to go to small claims court or get a solicitor depending on how much you're owed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yup, head to the consumer issues board. Maybe a mod could move the thread? :confused:

Well, it's to do with music instruments and service received at a music shop.
    I'm asking if other musicians have experienced the same thing. I don't think the same people that would read it here would necessarily look at the consumer board.
    I know I rarely browsed it just to see what was there.

By extension, anything involving thomann, instrument repairs etc. should be on the consumer board too.

edit - Actually by what I said in the first post it looks like I'm asking what I should do, I'm not. I'm taking action, but I'm pissed off about the whole thing and can't believe the fecker is constantly getting away with it from what I hear and what I've seen.

So my question is more " has anyone else had big problems buying equipment / guitars from local music shops." It's left me with the feeling that I'd buy most my things online or from bigger companies in Dublin town centre. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

That's half edit half rant, but I'm very pissed off with the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, it's to do with music instruments and service received at a music shop.
    I'm asking if other musicians have experienced the same thing. I don't think the same people that would read it here would necessarily look at the consumer board.
    I know I rarely browsed it just to see what was there.

By extension, anything involving thomann, instrument repairs etc. should be on the consumer board too.

Or another way to look at it, you bought something from a shop as a consumer, and you had an issue. You're a lil skewed there.

There are people in that forum who know all about this kind of thing. I think at this point you could successfully go to the small claims court to resolve this, but there would be people with more knowledge of this in the CI forum.

I think I was editing while you were replying. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Still, if you had an issue with a guitar you bought then we might be able to give advise on how to fix it. But really this is a consumer issue, they have your money and won't give it back.

The only other suggestion I can give is to read this page, there's a good bit of advise and some contact details that might be of help.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/consumer-protection/consumer-rights/consumer_protection_organisations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Yeah, consumer issues tbh.

If you've already instigated some kind of legal action against someone you're better off not posting about it here. I know you might think you're 'warning other customers' or whatever, but you're best just to keep it to yourself until the situation is resolved.

Hey Joe,

I'm not looking for legal or consumer advice.
    I'm taking action as I've said.

The citizens advice place is great, They're very helpful people. But that's gonna bring the topic back to consumer / legal advice. That's not what I'm looking for.

forget it, don't worry about it. I've seen these threads go round and round in circles.

cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Geezer, let me know if you want this thread moved or closed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Could you explain exactly what happened....just wanna know!

If you've already instigated some kind of legal action against someone you're better off not posting about it here. I know you might think you're 'warning other customers' or whatever, but you're best just to keep it to yourself until the situation is resolved.

I Think that's good advice. I'll say no more till after the legal issues are resolved.

Feylya, as regards moving the thread. Whatever you think is best to do yourself is fine with me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'll pass it over to Consumer Issues. They'll have more knowledge and should be able to help.

CI guys, send it back if you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

damonjewel wrote: »
    There is a consumer issues board in the 'Biz' section which would probably suit this query better. So have they not delivered your purchase or are you unhappy? I think Either way you should be entitled to your money back.
    Only for clarification you do NOT have the right for a refund because you're unhappy with something you bought unless there is a serious fault with the product in it self. I.e. if you don't like the sound of it but all other guitars of the same brand sound the same you have no rights to return it.

Advertisement