Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denver 168, Seattle 118 - some kinda record??

Options
  • 17-03-2008 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

http://www.nba.com/games/20080316/SEADEN/gameinfo.html?nav=scoreboardhome

Check out the final score of the Nuggets-Sonics game... Denver scored 48 points in the first quarter alone! :eek:

I've found it refreshing in the last year or so to see how the NBA has, with the help of the introduction of zone defences, increased in entertainment and scoring...

Ten years ago, the league was in trouble with the scoring totals plumetting as teams slowed the clock and played negative basketball... The NBA also were forced to admit that the moving forward of the three-point line ("Merry Christmas Reggie Miller," read one headline I remember) had been a mistake as teams based their offense around three-point shooting and you had unlikely 6'8" forwards preferring to step outside rather than work the ball in to the scoring zone...

Cleveland Cavaliers, with Mike Fratello in charge, stood out as the epitome of all that was wrong with the game at the time. Big, slow, bruising players were all they had and all they wanted - although they had one real nice PG, small guy - can't remember his name. Think he may have picked up an All-star MVP award round this time... I wanna say, Terrell Brandon??

Cavs rarely scored into the 90s and rarely let the oppo' do the same. Ugly stuff... Well, that's how I remember it anyhoo!

This must've been one heck of a weird game last night - any one see it?

Advertisement