Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webcam/camera with 6 meter's of lenght?! really need some help!

Options
  • 17-03-2008 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

got a strange one now.

i need to see inside a drain pipe. but sticking a camera on the end of a stick with a torch wont do it as i need to see the picture live rather than recorded.

so i was thinking of my laptop, a webcam and usb extension cables.

how far can i extetnd usb cables? is there a limit on it?

or is there an easier way?

i need about 6 meter's.

any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

what you need is a USB repeater. Something like this You chain up to five of them so it should be more than long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

got a strange one now.

i need to see inside a drain pipe. but sticking a camera on the end of a stick with a torch wont do it as i need to see the picture live rather than recorded.

so i was thinking of my laptop, a webcam and usb extension cables.

how far can i extetnd usb cables? is there a limit on it?

or is there an easier way?

i need about 6 meter's.

any help would be great.

In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement