Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brake Hose Mounts.

Options
  • 17-03-2008 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

The little plastic things which hold the brake hose to the braised on mounts on the top tube etc. What are they called? and Where can I get some?

The St. Patricks day build is going well, just need some finishing kit. And 15mm caliper bolts instead of the 20mm ones which touch the disc. Nearly there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I just use zip ties, find the little plastic things fall off when throwing the bike on the car rack or other manhandling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

rob1891 wrote: »
    I just use zip ties, find the little plastic things fall off when throwing the bike on the car rack or other manhandling.

If I use cable ties they need to go around the tubes, good industrial look. Probably do that for a while anyway.

Huh-huh! He said Manhandling:D

Took a bit of searching but here is a slightly ugly cable tie braze on that would typically be used for securing a hydraulic disc brake hose to the frame.

rivethydraulicstop.jpg

you can see the plastic clip that I think you are searching for also, but instead of using these I thread a small zip tie in the gap between the frame and the braze on, and then around the hose, to secure it.

Dunno, if we are talking about the same thing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

i think he is talking about the plastic spacer that slides on over the hydraulic line, i find them crap anyways as they never hold the line straight.

ask in a bike shop, they come on new bikes but they usually have a few lying around.

That's the chap! Though the general vibe seems to be these are crap!
    By zip tie I'm presuming you mean cable ties, well I have thousands of those!

Next question where can I get 8mm chain wheel bolts? I can only find large ones in the shops around town.

• Advertisement

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=159

these? Which do you need, bolts for your inner ring or bolts for the outer/middle. There should be something there that does the job. Don't torque them too much, the Alu ones have a habit of snapping off, had bad luck with middleburn bolts myself.

I saw them there alright. Only one set seem to have a size marked. They are for an outer ring on a 2 ring set. They need to be small to fit behind the crank arm. €15.00 for a set in Dublin.

Advertisement