Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Iphone in Taxi - Can anyone help?

• 17-03-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, I caught a taxi from the back door of oscars at about 12.20 last night going to the Moorings, I flagged the driver down so I don't have his number but he did make the point strongly that he didn't work for Rapid. Basically I left my iphone in the car and it has all my numbers and emails and every other bit of my life so any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe the driver logs on here or the next fare might have noticed it in the car. I know it's a long shot but can't think of anything else.The phone is turned off now so I can't ring it.
    Cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

sickner, id doubt the driver even seen it, whoever got in the taxi after you more than likely has it,
    contact o2 or whoever you are with and get your sim blocked, and get em to send you out a new sim with your old number, you will loose all your stored numbers but at least you still have your number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

I can't believe it:eek::eek:

The driver just turned up at my door with my phone:eek::eek:

He just handed me the phone with a leaflet of bible verses about being nice to others, You could have knocked me over with a feather.

I gave him a twenty, was that a bit stingey? Bit worried I should have been more generous:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

WOW! Now that was lucky!...very nice of him too! Not many people would do that these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

good stuff ,dont be worrying about only giving him 20 thats loads .he probabily caught ya on the hop not as if you were expecting him to call with the phone.still great result getting it back so soon ,good to see there are still decent people in the town
    so you got your phone back and were recruited to be a jevoah's witness go on ya legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Fair play to him - nice to see there's a few decent people still around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Fair play to the man, theres many out there would have just kept it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wow. Count your lucky stars, back up your phones details to a computer, and get some insurance on it!

If you don't, next time it happens it's your own fault. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

shockwave wrote: »
    Fair play to the man, theres many out there would have just kept it.

There should be some kind of community award scheme for people like that. Fair dues to him.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I was just sitting here thinkin' you never see that again, but it seems that there is decent people left in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Fair play to the lad , as Billy McCarthy would say "a real good news story for a change"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Glad this ended happily for you. I had an unfortunate experience losing my phone in a taxi on a night out a couple of months back. I was certain the taxi was a Rapid Cabs cab (it had the AutoCab GPS display installed) but when I rang them they said they had no taxis in the area.

It was only when I went down to the office (what a waste of a taxi), used their phone to call all other taxi companies and gave one last description of the taxi and driver that they realised that it was one of their drivers and he wasn't logging his jobs. I got it back by the end of the night, much to my relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

good stuff happy ending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

That's very sound of the driver...great to see there are still some nice lads driving taxis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

I was in Dublin a couple of years ago...the plan was to head up, have a couple of drinks with a mate of mine, go to little britain live, go home to bed...and then fly out on my holidays the next day. had a few drinks...got a taxi into the little britain gig...got out outside the point and realised i'd left my wallet in the back of the taxi with most of my spending money for the holiday and my tickets for the gig. Very little I could do but sit and hope for the best...got some taxi lads to radio out....

Bout 20 minutes later (about 10 minutes before show time) the taxi driver came back with wallet and tickets in toe...have to say I doubted that I'd get it back but hecame up trumps...fair play. Nice to see it happen in waterford too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Freddie59 wrote: »
    There should be some kind of community award scheme for people like that. Fair dues to him.:)

Not community award, but if you have his plate number (will be on receipt), write to the regulator & let them know. They'll write to him & commend him & he'll be entered for an award.

For consumer information or advice on how to make a complaint or commendation, ring our lo-call consumer information line at 1890 60 60 90.

For general industry information or advice, ring our lo-call industry information line at 1890 347 347 .

To book your small public service vehicle in for a test, or to enquire about vehicle licensing, contact the dedicated NCTS phone line on 1890 92 79 77.

Other queries can be directed to the Commission for Taxi Regulation’s offices at 01-6593800 .

Contacting Us by Post, Fax or Email

If you have any comments about the Commission or about taxi, hackney and limousine services in Ireland, please download and complete the comment form below and send it to the following address:

The Commission for Taxi Regulation,
    35 Fitzwilliam Square,
    Dublin 2.
    Fax: 01 659 3801
    Email: commission@taxiregulator.ie

iMax wrote: »
    Not community award, but if you have his plate number (will be on receipt), write to the regulator & let them know. They'll write to him & commend him & he'll be entered for an award.
    I'd love to be able able to do just that but in my shock and awe,(and also my dressing gown;)) I forgot to even get the guys name.
    It really has improved my belief in my common man tho. It's just nice to know that people aren't always out to gouge you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mimiraffo

The Taxi guy was My Brother..........small world.....:)

That's cool mate, tell him cheers for me, as you can see by the thread he's surprised a lot of us. It was a good deed done for sure;)

Advertisement