Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi outlander

Options
  • 17-03-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, anyone got any experance of importing a 06/07 new shape outlander commercial. Whats the story with VRT ,would the savings make it worth my while?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Do'nt know about the vrt , but from what I've read , try to get the PSA engine as its supposed to be far superior to the VW unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

As far as I know you don't pay VRT on commercial vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

What is the PSA engine, didnt know there was an option other than the VW unit?

peugeot / Citroen , A far more modern design.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bonzos wrote: »
    Hi folks, anyone got any experance of importing a 06/07 new shape outlander commercial. Whats the story with VRT ,would the savings make it worth my while?

I'd be surprised if you can get the commercial version anywhere else (especially the UK). The 4x4 commercials and small car vans are brought in as passenger vehicles and converted to commercial vehicles.

I'd guess if you do find one elsewhere then the VRT is €50 on one of those (as opposed to 13.3% on car based vans).

The PSA engine is only available in the PSA versions (Pug 4007 and Citroen C-Crosser), the Outlander gets the VAG 2.0 engine, but that does put out less CO2 than the PSA unit.

• Advertisement

The 2.2 PSA engine is listed as an option on the mitsubishi website.

Advertisement